Montreal, QC - Canada
Python Job Details
Only local to Canada are eligible!!
Years of experience: 7 years of experience
We are a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Non-Financial Risk Technology:
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market-leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex and dynamic financial markets. We have many award-winning technology platforms that help to propel our Firms businesses to be the top in the market. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge. Non-Financial Risk technology (NFRT) provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firm's resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior. Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
As a software developer, you will be responsible for the development of the next generation Data platform solution hosted on cloud (public or private). You will work with our architecture team to ensure industrial and departmental best practices are being followed. In your role you will be expected to share ownership of our projects and contribute to the active development and maintenance of our applications. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to modern software engineering tools and best practices. You will also learn how a large investment bank like our Company uses data to derive meaningful insights. You will be expected to be involved in the full development lifecycle. You will be expected to collaborate with others in the wider team and across the firm, as well as working on your own initiatives.
- 7+ years’ experience in Web UI development
- CSS Pre-processor SCSS
- Unit Testing (React Testing Library, Jest)
- CI/CD Jenkins-Source Code Control (Git)
- Experience of working in a Linux environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Ability to work effectively in a global and dynamic team
- State Management Redux
- Experience in the full software development life cycle
- Experience working in an agile team using Agile and DevOps practices & tools
- Experience with automation and scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration systems
- Bootstrap, Material Design