- This position is responsible for executing IT Engineering projects and initiatives. This includes working from a scrum-based backlog to address backlog requests and feature enhancements in three week sprint intervals.
- Engineers are expected to interact with business stakeholders to ensure the Bank’s technology requirements are being met. This may also include making performance, security, and platform updates to existing IT processes.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient with Python development, and have practical Cloud Experience (Amazon Web Services and Azure).
- Prior experience working with FHBLC a plus.
- Primary duties include:
- Cloud Resource Maintenance and Reporting
- Migration from On Prem to SaaS Orchestration Tool
- Establishing and maintaining CI/CD Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Creating Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Building frameworks for programmatic interfaces with BMC Helix
- Software Requirements:
- Python (90% of code)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Azure Cloud Services & DevOps
- Control-M and/or Helix
- Networking and Windows OS experience preferred
- PowerShell preferred
- Given the dynamic of our team, this position will require at minimum 2 days on site (Old Post Office)
Chicago, IL - United States of America
Python Job Details
Client: Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
Position: IT Engineer (Terraform & Python)
Duration: 1+ year contract
Location: Chicago, IL (onsite twice a week)
Notes: Experience with Control-M or BMC Helix, Terraform, and CI/CD pipelines (ADO preferred) ALL
Candidate can be on site in Chicago at the Old Post Office 2 days/week
Control M OR Helix (They are currently migrating from Control M to Helix – great if both but the manager fully stated having either one is more than sufficient).
Terraform - Must have senior level of experience with it (note Terraform being pushed through as IaC or Infrastructure as Code).
Building CI/CD Azure DevOps Pipelines.