- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in software engineering, with a proven track record in developing and deploying APIs, preferably in the FinTech sector.
- Magnum Opus: We want candidates who have created a Mangum Opus individually before and are comfortable with large scale projects resting on their shoulders.
- Technical Expertise: Proficient in a modern technology stack.
- Independence: Ability to work autonomously and make informed decisions without constant oversight.
- Problem-solving: Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Agile Methodology: Familiarity with Agile but also comfortable working outside strict Agile frameworks.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Charlotte, NC - United States of America
Python Job Details
Role: Enterprise Architect (API, Java/,Net, Python, Payment exp)
Location: Charlotte NC
3 Days Hybrid from Day 1
Client is looking for an architect, develop, and deploy a mission-critical API service. This individual will be given fully autonomy and will be entrusted with creating an API that will be a cornerstone of reliability, speed, and security for one of the key initiatives at the company. The project consists of a small team of individuals at Client who are looking to replicate the ethos of a startup with a highly collaborative and agile environment. Qualified candidates will get the opportunity to build something impactful and hopefully have a blast creating it.
Roles and Responsibilities
Architectural Leadership: Craft a robust, scalable, and resilient architecture for the API, ensuring that it adheres to best practices and modern design patterns. Take into consideration potential risks, future scalability, and integration with existing systems.
Hands-On Development: Dive deep into coding, ensuring that the API is built with the highest quality standards. Implement robust error-handling mechanisms and ensure data integrity at all stages of transaction processing.
Uptime & Performance: Implement monitoring and alerting tools to achieve and maintain a target uptime of 99.999% (Five 9s). Continuously monitor response times, optimizing wherever possible to keep them below 3000 milliseconds.
Redundancy and Resilience: Design backup solutions and failover mechanisms, ensuring the system's continuous operation even under unforeseen circumstances. Evaluate potential vulnerabilities and implement strategies to mitigate them.
Stakeholder Collaboration: Foster a strong collaborative relationship with the business owner, understanding their vision, and ensuring the technical deliverables align seamlessly. Act as the primary technical contact, providing updates and gathering feedback.
Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Set up, maintain, and refine a modern CI/CD pipeline. Ensure that deployments are smooth, rollback mechanisms are in place, and that the deployment frequency aligns with business needs without compromising stability.
Quality Assurance and Testing: Partner with QA teams to establish rigorous testing protocols, ensuring that every release is free from defects and meets the expected performance benchmarks. Be receptive to feedback and iterate upon it.
Documentation and Knowledge Transfer: Craft comprehensive documentation detailing the system architecture, individual components, workflow diagrams, and any other pertinent information. Ensure that knowledge is accessible and easily understood by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.