- Position is responsible for maintaining, distributing, and reporting on risk data (Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk). As the authoritative source of key data sets, we are at the forefront of database technology and are heavily involved in data engineering, data science, data visualization, and machine learning efforts across the Firm.
- This is a data engineer role in the team responsible for developing on the Firm's Risk data stores that holds the transactional bigdata for real time and archive processing and getting it into the archives and data lake.
- The global team consists of highly technical team members who are adaptable to both hands-on development and project management. We deliver multiple projects for multiple business areas in parallel. The business owners and subject matter experts will be globally distributed, making communication and pro-active to be important. You will be expected to work closely with our operations partners on requirements for projects.
- The development will be performed using an agile methodology which is based on scrum (time boxing, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, etc.) and XP (continuous integration, refactoring, unit testing, etc.) best practices. Candidates must therefore be able to work collaboratively, demonstrate good ownership and be able to work well in teams.
- Strong relational database skills especially with DB2 or/and Greenplum.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/Snowflake is desirable.
- Create high quality and optimized stored procedures and queries.
- Experience with Power Designer or some similar modeling tool.
- Strong with scripting language such as Python and Unix / K-Shell.
- Strong knowledge base of relational database performance and tuning such as: proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs, de-normalization concepts.
- Experience with data mining is a big plus.
- Familiar with lifecycle of a trade and flows of data in an investment banking operation.
- Experienced in Agile development process.
Montreal, QC - Canada
Python Job Details
Req ID: 257081
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC), Canada (CA).
1. Translate business requirement into queries against a set of relational tables and produce reporting based on the requirements.
2. Design and build reporting layer from different data sources and act as a SPOC for user queries
3. Database and ETL development, including stored procedures, queries, performance tuning etc., using python, SQL and ETL tools such as Informatica.
4. Efficient and clean automation script (using Python etc.) as part of the ETL process.
The current global team members are all very skilled in domain modeling, database design, big data, Java and messaging so this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the growing team.
Technical Skills Requirement
About NTT DATA Services:
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients' long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.