Montreal, QC - Canada
Python Job Details
Only Local to Canada are eligible!!
Years of experience: 7 to 12 years.
We are looking to onboard an Middleware Integration Specialist & SRE for their Application and Data Engineering (ADE) team.
ADE provides application engineering, tooling, automation and elevated production support services conforming to security blueprints and focused on performance, reliability and scalability by understanding the technical requirement from application owners and business, participate in technical evaluation of vendors and vendor technologies, conduct proof of concept, packaging and deploying middleware products.
The team supports strategic initiatives like cloud migration, containerization, observability, SRE, agile transformation, build, automate and manage services across NFRT.
This team also partners with central technology teams like Infrastructure, Security, Network, Database and procurement to design and deliver solutions. The team leverages a variety of tools for platform design and application troubleshooting as they also provide level 4 support to the application operations team.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply technical skills to design, build and automate middleware platforms both on-premises and cloud.
- Partner with other teams like enterprise infrastructure, MIS, networking, security, storage, and database and data center to roll out middleware platforms successfully as per the design.
- Coordinate signoffs for non-functional requirement testing with development and business teams.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of an applications and its underlying middleware and infrastructure components.
- Produce reusable infrastructure and middleware designs patterns for future reference and refresh those on a regular basis.
- Support vendor / vendor technology onboarding following the best practices and security blueprint.
- Adopt, build and rollout new technology stacks for NFRT for cloud based and on-prem applications.
- Apply technical skills to automate daily support functions, improve system stability, support hygiene initiatives and deliver innovation that creates efficiency and consistency.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Storage and Networking
- Hands-on experience with load balancers, web servers (Apache / Nginx), application servers (Tomcat / JBoss) to include application integration, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Expert level scripting skills using Python (mandatory) and Shell
- Familiar with IT Automation & Config Management tools (Ansible / Helm)
- Experience with source control and continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines
- Hands-on experience on Cloud platforms (Azure or AWS), Docker containers, Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Familiar with basic security concepts for secure hosting solutions using standard encryption methodologies including SSL and TLS.
- Basic operational knowledge of RDBMS and SQL.
- Prior experience managing large web-based n-tier applications in secure environments on cloud
- Should have worked in an agile delivery model with exposure to CI/CD.
Desired/Nice to have skills:
- Familiarity with Kafka, Redis, Observability tooling
- Exposure and experience in open-source Observability tools (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, Open Telemetry and Loki)
- Identity management protocols like OIDC / OAuth, SAML, LDAP integration
- Exposure to Big Data platforms like Hadoop / ELK Stack
- Capacity planning and performance tuning exercise with Observability tools
- A system architecture / developer work experience