Montreal, QC - Canada
Python Job Details
Only local to Canada are eligible!!
Years of experience: 7+ Years
The ISG Mainframe is 40+ years old, and the number of experts is decreasing over time. Systems are overly complex, dependent on outdated technology, and expensive. The Legacy Modernization Program mission is to renovate mainframe platforms to improve resiliency and time to market and enable meeting the challenges of scale and complexity over time, as well as mitigating expertise attrition risk to the firm, reducing risk by decommissioning the ISG mainframe. We have a culture of partnership and collaboration, and our team members are enthusiastic about learning the business and working closely with our users to help solve their problems. We have great business relationships and pride ourselves on an open and friendly work culture.
We are looking for a technical program manager and business analyst who can:
• Create project plans to organize and manage project/program streams
• Work with stakeholders to prioritize work and drive milestones
• Understand and document dependencies between workstreams and communicate timeline impacts
• Manage, track, and resolve issues that may arise
• Coordinate across various IT and Operations groups to understand project progress / issues / risks and remediate critical issues to the program.
• Manage stakeholder expectations, including creating reporting templates and establishing status meetings as needed to create transparency on project progress, accomplishments, and potential issues/risks; highlight project and delivery risks proactively and promptly
• Create communication materials to deliver information to different levels of the organization from the technologists and business users to senior managers
• The role requires the candidate to understand program and project management fundamentals, process analysis and design best practices, system architecture principles, and data management.
• The need to balance work on multiple projects will make this role complex, challenging and rewarding.
• 5+ years in program management, project management, and/or business analysis
• Experience creating and communicating program roadmaps
• Experience working across multiple stakeholder groups to prioritize work and understand dependencies
• Experience implementing and running program governance and related deliverables (status reports, raid logs, etc)
• Experience tracking and communicating program and project status
• Excellent oral & written communication skills, people-interaction and stakeholder management skills
• Strong Data Analysis capability.
• Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity
• Ability to multi-task with good organizational and time management capabilities
• Excellent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
• Experience working in Agile and Waterfall projects
• Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
• Financial Services experience is a significant plus
• Sharepoint skills
• JIRA skills
• Prior experience of working in global and remote teams
• Technical Integration: scripting (python, perl): automation for productivity