- Work with engineering team, product, and user experience to understand new requirements.
- Refine and estimate new deliverables.
- Implement new application programming interfaces, backend services, front-end user interface components, and automation tasks to specifications provided with the assistance of senior team members.
- Understand platform usage and assist with production deployments and customer issue triage.
- Design and develop backend applications that can be hosted on cloud platforms.
- Design and develop web applications that can function during backend service and internet connectivity interruptions.
- Develop security features as part of the development and embrace the DevSecOps culture.
- Use and improve on tools to identify and mitigate production incidents.
- Create re-usable web components that can be leveraged by multiple teams, where needed.
- Create self-contained microservices or application programming interfaces to support business logic.
- Use content management systems as applicable as well as global design patterns and defined coding standards and practices established by the team.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Work closely with the engineering team leaders, architects and DevOps Engineers to define the functional and technical requirements.
- Create insights for managers to track business and operational metrics.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python (Django Rest Framework) and ReactJS
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing web applications including front and back-end components and interfaces.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum development environments.
- Experience working with GitHub and Jira or similar technologies.
- Experience using Node and Yarn.
- Experience using Docker.
- Experience developing on a SaaS product.
- Preferred if experienced in user interface design.
- Preferred if experienced in using Cypress and/or Jest test frameworks.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Philadelphia, PA - United States of America
Python Job Details
Job Description Summary
In the role of UI Full Stack Developer, you will be an important contributor within Comcast Technology Solution’s exciting new cyber security business unit, which sells SaaS and subscription security solutions to the large enterprise and federal government. Reporting to a Manager of UI Software Development, you will be primarily responsible for developing the user interface for DataBee, a new SaaS security, risk and compliance platform that was developed internally and used inside Comcast’s SOC, and is now being made available for use by the Fortune 500 CISO customer base. You will work in a high pace, collaborative engineering environment to deliver value for DataBee customers. You also will be influential in creating a startup culture for the DataBee business unit, enabling and empowering your teammates to work in an agile fashion.
Additional Required Skills and Experience:
Employees at all levels are expected to: