- Database Infrastructure Engineering for stability and scalability, capacity planning
- DBA functions: plan & execute database schema changes, bottlenecks analysis, outage prevention/resolution, server/database performance improvements, database maintenance, database recovery, etc.
- Database development (stored procedures, ETL, tools) and queries/stored procedures review and optimization
- Enforce database security, standards & guidelines
Montreal, QC - Canada
Python Job Details
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
Skills Required: The candidate will have the ability to propose/review innovative solutions and implement them in production to achieve significant improvements. They will be an expert in performance optimization on server, database, query, data structures and data flow levels, with advanced database architecture knowledge and hands on expertise in OLTP and Data Warehouse design, Federated database systems. They will have excellent Database Administration skills including in depth knowledge of new and existing features to provide effective solutions for critical systems. They will act as a leader in outage resolutions and multi-team global turnovers. They will be the escalation point for major issues.
- At least 8 years’ experience in DB2 Linux and have exceptional hands-on application DBA skills.
- DB2 Linux version 10 and above (SQL, Temp tables, plan explains, MQTs, MDCs, referential integrity constraints, etc.)
- The candidate must be familiar with some similar modeling tool
- The candidate must be familiar with scripting language such as: Python, Perl and Unix / K-Shell .
- The candidate must have strong knowledge base of relational database performance and tuning such as: proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs, de-normalization concepts,
Personal skills: Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
Skills Desired: - Communications skills are important as the candidate will need to work with other internal/external developers who will be accessing the databases and have change requests.
- Knowledge of other relational databases is a plus.
- Versioning tools such as perforce, etc. is a nice to have.
- Knowledge of the transactional database requirements of multiple financial asset classes would be a great benefit.