(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Home Office: Leeds, UK
What We're Using:
We make extensive use of Kubernetes for containerised workloads.
AWS is our Cloud Provider.
(An advanced knowledge of both AWS and Kubernetes is required for this role. )
Current tools also include:
• Istio our chosen Service Mesh for Kubernetes
• Splunk to search, analyse and visualise data
• Terraform for resource provisioning
• Helm and Helmfile for deployments
• Percona and RDS for databases
• Kubernetes clusters reside in the Cloud and On-Prem.
• GitLab for CI/CD & SCM
• NewRelic, PagerDuty for monitoring and alerting.
What You'll Do:
• Deploy new releases of the Liberty Retail platform as part of a team
• Build new production and test environments as we expand into further U.S. territories
• Ownership of CI/CD pipelines to provide troubleshooting, support and improvements
• Provide advice on best practices around our chosen stack (especially AWS, Kubernetes)
• Assist with troubleshooting live, high priority issues concerning the Liberty Retail platform
• Join discussions across multiple teams to shape our use of technology and ways of working
• Identify efficiencies that can be achieved through automation or process improvement
What you will need:
• 5-7+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps
• Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes
• Excellent knowledge of AWS with a focus on cloud networking, (i.e. SGs, Subnets, VPC link, Route53)
• Excellent scripting skills in at least one of the following: Bash, Python, Perl
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with a methodical approach
• Proven experience implementing and maintaining cloud ‘infrastructure as code’ at scale (via Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc)
• In-depth experience implementing and maintaining automation/configuration management solutions (i.e. Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack) used throughout business
• In-depth knowledge of Linux
• Experience working in Agile teams
• Good communication skills
• Bonus: Service mesh experience (especially Istio)
Who are we looking for?
• People who share our vision of always being open to learn, use, and implement the right tool for the job
• Candidates working towards having a standout resume - we'll give you the experience to stack your background with the latest and greatest technologies.
• If you have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to learn, become and work with the best.
Behold! Caesars Sportsbook is here, and we’re proud to be a part of Caesars Entertainment-the number one gaming company in the world with over 80 years of sports betting expertise.
At Caesars Sportsbook, we believe all our Team Members should be treated like Caesars. It’s the mantra we were founded on, and the standard that drives us to provide our customers with best-in-class service.
As we continue to Blaze The Trail with our Caesars Sportsbook & Casino app, the expansion of our Caesars Sportsbook retail locations, our World Series of Poker franchise, our William Hill legacy brand, and partnerships with the biggest names in sports and entertainment, we’re creating new and exciting opportunities for you to be a part of our empire and make an impact.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our job postings and see what we have to offer, people. And remember-We Are All Caesars!