- English: C1 Advanced
New York, NY - United States of America
Python Job Details
A global team of alternative investment managers passionate about delivering uncommon value to our investors and shareholders. With over 30 years of proven expertise across Private Equity, Credit and Real Estate, regions and industries, we're known for our integrated businesses, our strong investment performance, our value-oriented philosophy - and our people.We are seeking hands on Data Engineer consultants to build out the next generation data warehouse/mess for the organization. To solve the data availability and access issues of all data across the organization. Enabling a graph of connectivity between 100s of data sets. We need people that are enthusiastic about enabling internal and external clients by streamlining and facilitating easy access to their critical data that is well defined and has established transparent levels of quality. This engineer will leverage our data platforms to achieve this, while providing critical input to extend data platform capabilities. Familiarity with ETL and Cloud Platform data pipeline solutions is critical, as is REST API authoring for data access.
• Member of the Business Date Engineering team, work to deliver Data Ingest/Enrich Pipelines, and Access APIs using common cloud technologies.
• Work with consumers to understand the data requirements and deliver data contracts with well defined SLIs to track SLA agreements.
• Harness modern application best practices with code quality, API test Coverages, Agile Development, DevOps, and Observability and support.
• Maintain programming standards and ensure the usage of the pattern / template for API Proxy.
• Conduct code reviews and automatic test coverage
• Standardize the CI/CD setup for API management tools and automated deployment.
• Utilize problem-solving skills to help your peers in the research and selection of tools, products, and frameworks (which is vital to support business initiatives)
• Data Engineer highly proficient in Python development with 6+ years of ETL development experience with Azure cloud-based experience.
• Can demonstrate the use of modular configurable reusable components, with logging, exception handling and rejection management.
• Strong Python development skills (rest API, and also for connections, encryption-decryption, managing data and storaging data purposes)
• Solid understanding of API and integration design principles and pattern experience with web technologies.
• Design object-oriented, modularized, clean, and maintainable code and creating policies in Python.
• Hands-on experience in designing and developing high-volume REST using API Protocols and Data Formats.
• Experience with test-driven development and API testing automation.
• Understanding of Data Warehouse Concepts such as Real-time Data Ingestion, Data Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Denormalized Data structures, etc.
• Good exposure to the Azure cloud platform, and knowledge of its key components e.g., Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, etc.
• Clear understanding of Code testing, e.g., regression, performance & automated tests.
• Implemented ETL solutions in Snowflake, with knowledge of DB components and its DR capabilities.
• Exposed to scripting languages e.g., Shell scripts for data transfers, automated deployments, etc.
• Managed automated deployments using Source code Control & DevOps tools.
• Knowledge of Cloud Security features and their adoption in the Cloud environment and application development.
• Bachelor's degree in IT
• Financial experience: Public and Alternatives Asset Management
• Familiar in NoSQL\NewSQL databases
• Working with Azure API and DB Platforms
• Strong documentation capability and adherence to testing and release management standards
• Design, development, modification, and testing of databases designed to support Data Warehousing and BI business teams
• Familiarity with SDLC methodologies, and defect tracking (JIRA, Azure DevOps, ServiceNow, etc.)Soft Skills:
• Candidate must have an analytical and logical thought process for developing project solutions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; works well in a team environment
• Ability to deliver under competing priorities and pressures.
• Excellent organizational skills in the areas of code structuring & partitioning, commenting and documentation for team alignment and modifications
Compensation for NY is 75000-175000 USD Gross per Year