- Design and build scalable & reliable data pipelines (ETLs) for our data platform
- Constantly evolve data models & schema design of our Data Warehouse to support self-service needs
- Work cross functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- Work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices;
- Be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement;
- You have 6+ months of experience as a professional with basic technical background building and maintaining data pipelines in a custom or commercial ETL tool (eg. SSIS, Talend, Informatica) (Airflow is a plus);
- You have 6+ months of experience working in a Data Warehouse environment with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases, Hadoop, and Column Store;
- Proficient in creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics;
- Experience working with cloud environments (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure) (plus);
- Proficient in SQL;
- Basic knowledge in a programming language: C#, Java, Python;
- Basic knowledge in distributed computing (Spark);
- Experience in working with a BI reporting tool (eg. Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Looker) (plus);
- You have basic understating of continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You have an intermediate level in English, both written and spoken;
- You have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast moving operational environment and you are enthusiastic and with a positive attitude;
Porto - Portugal
Python Job Details
We're a Data team that implement methods to improve data reliability and quality by combining raw information from different sources and developing architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for data modelling to provide an unrivalled customer experience and promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will be integrated with the Data Engineering team, being responsible for helping maintain and improve the Data architecture and tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHO YOU ARE