- Microsoft PowerBI
- Oracle database
- Python & Python libraries
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Dublin City Centre, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- industry: 2 years (required)
- Ireland (required)
Dublin - Ireland
Python Job Details
In Compass Informatics we specialise in data.
We work with over 40 different national and international organisation to manage, analyse and advise on data that supports national decision making and strategic policy.
What you’ll do
We are seeking to build a skilled team of data analysis, data science and data warehousing expertise. This is an new and exciting team with an opportunity to explore and analyse data that is critical for national policy, environmental regeneration and food security. R, Python
You will be working in close partnership with our client and have the opportunity to influence key stakeholders at an early stage and throughout the data lifecycle. You’ll use your communication skills alongside your technical experience to develop dashboards and interfaces that communicate evidence based messages and findings to stakeholders.
You will be part of a wider team with expertise in spatial data and GIS, earth observation analytics and remote sensing, application development for mobile and web, as well as business intelligence, data science and data quality management.
Our client is in Dublin City Centre and onsite presence is required for two days per week.
We are an equal opportunities employer, with many nationalities and backgrounds across the team.
Who you’ll be
We want to make sure you’re set up for success so the key skills and areas of expertise we’re looking for in the role are listed below. We know not everyone ticks all of the boxes, so we’ll provide training in some of the areas if you’re the right person for the role.
· Project leadership, engagement with stakeholders, and project definition.
· Task prioritisation and communications skills.
· Experience in developing solutions for real-time analytics and business intelligence platforms. Technologies of particular interest include:
· Expertise in data analytical and data science scripting languages, in particular:
· Experience or a clear interest in AI/Machine Learning/Advanced Analytics software development and environments.
· Experience with Natural Language Processing and/or signal processing (Image, Video, Audio) models
· Scenario planning and A/B testing for various business hypotheses.
· Experience in articulating the findings and observations of data exploratory work including guiding stakeholders in how to interpret the outputs.
· Experience in developing insights to support data driven policy development for or within a Public Service organisation.
· Experience with version control systems such as GIT
· Requirements for a strong aptitude and a sharp mind, open to on-going learning
· Excellent spoken and written English. EU or EEA passport required, or other right to work in Ireland.
· Ability to work as part of a team;
You should hold the following qualifications or equivalents:
1. A degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science, Data Science or relevant related discipline.
2. A recognised industry standard certification in Data Analysis or Business Intelligence OR
3. A recognised industry standard certification in Data Engineering
What we’ll give you
We’re continuously adding to our company benefits but below are a few we currently offer:
· Rewarding salary
· Other benefits including company pension & private health insurance
· Flexible working hours
· Continuous Professional Development (CPD) support.
· Company Events
All applications will be treated in complete confidence. We operate an equal opportunities policy.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €40,000.00-€65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 29/05/2023
Reference ID: 202305-BIDataTeam
Expected start date: 03/10/2023