- Continuous monitoring and action as needed to ensure the security of our client’s platforms and systems
- Driving security best practices through the organisation
- Mentoring and educating other staff members
- Finding and eliminating manual processes and systems through automation and the use of a DevOps mindset to empower teams
- Using our client’s internal systems including New Relic & AWS toolsets to identify system pain points, faults and areas of improvement
- Working with our product teams to enhance our CI/CD systems
- Recommending systems and processes to close security, operational and performance gaps
- Provide regular reporting/updates to senior leadership
- Act as an escalation point for Security & Cloud/Infrastructure incidents
- Work closely with development teams and project to assist with their security and operational asks
- Transparent and honest, with a focus on getting things done in the most efficient way possible.
- A small team with 35 people globally. This means there are always opportunities both to shape your role and how the studio does things.
- Offering maximum flexibility – you can work hours based on your location and choose where you work – work from home (WFH) or away (any location), or enjoy the perks of their brand new office in if you’re in Melbourne.
- Providing a competitive salary with the potential for equity in the company
- Valuing the career development of their people; we look to hire within when opportunities arise, and provide mentorship and support for all our team.
- Proud of their safe, transparent working environment where everyone is welcome. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Expert level knowledge of: AWS services including VPC’s, GuardDuty, Security Hub and other AWS security products
- Expert level knowledge of: containers including Docker/ECS
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Bash, Python, JSON, YAML etc
- Experience with AWS systems including S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache, Aurora
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (eg Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with Crowdstrike Falcon or similar NG-AV product suite
- Experience with CI/CD/build automation tools
- Experience working with security/compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001 & NIST, SOC-2
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or equivalent working experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with PagerDuty or similar alerting/reporting tools
- Experience with implementing and administering a SIEM
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform & Google Suite
- Experience with ClickUp or similar project management tools
- Knowledge of email best practices and configuration such as DKIM, SPF, DMARC
- A passion for video games
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
Fulltime – permanent
Our games-adjacent client has a mission – to connect game studios and publishers with their communities via the development of a unique and highly innovative in-game platform which allows players to manage a range of external assets. Any long-time gamer looking at their platform will immediately understand it’s usefulness and potential ubiquity.
What is the role?
They are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join their team. You will be responsible for expanding their use of DevOps and automation, support to their Cloud-based Security toolsets and helping support the various backend systems that service their platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
Why work for our client?
Our client is an ambitious scaleup. They’re growing, and as a company, work closely together to achieve their goals. They describe themselves as:
What are they looking for a Cloud Engineer?
Our client are looking for humble, enthusiastic, self-starters who take ownership over what they create and will help shape and improve the company. Even if you don’t match the qualifications exactly, if you’re confident you can do the job, or can grow into the role, please throw your hat in the ring.
For this role, they need someone who is passionate about automation and security, with great problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
They are looking for a Cloud Engineer who has been responsible for a production environment with:
It would be awesome if you also have:
How do I apply?
Hit the link below! You don’t need to reside in Australia to apply for this role, however candidates with the right to work in Australia will be reviewed favourably.