- Enhancement and development of tools for automation of processes
- Research customer issues and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers who may need assistance working a case; utilize your area of expertise to help them in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
Basic understanding or eagerness to learn the following protocols and applications:
CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
Cloud - google cloud/AWS/Azure
TCP/IP and Networking
- Familiar with Virtualization and Cloud Technologies
- We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking different levels of experience for this training program
You could be a final year student due to complete your studies in July 2023 OR
- A recent degree graduate in the past 3 years (from June 2020 onwards) looking for new role OR
- Someone who has developed professional experience in the absence of a degree
- A career switcher looking for a break into Tech Support and an employer who will provide all the training
- Fluent English + one of the additional language Italian, Hebrew, German, French, Spanish is needed
- You must have the unrestricted right to work in Ireland
- As the training takes place in the US, you will also need to hold a valid passport and be willing to spend 90 days living and working in the US. NetApp will fund the flights, costs of accommodation while you are in Raleigh
Cork - Ireland
Python Job Details
Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store, manage, move and protect their data. And we never let them down. Continually breaking new ground is the norm here. We make sure of it with an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh thinking. Right from day one, we’ll encourage you to share your views, challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and leadership programs that help you build on your personal and professional passions, you’ll develop your skills as fast as your ideas.
As a company committed to developing our future workforce, we created a program that enables our University Graduate Hires to fast track their careers through classroom and on-the-job training and clear benchmarks. At the start of the program, if sanitary regulations allow us, we will fly you to the United States to take part in our robust 90-day training program based in Raleigh Durham NC, USA, facilities designed for entry-level talent. During this training, Academy Participants gain the foundational knowledge needed to have a basic understanding of the Storage Industry, NetApp, and products and solutions. Additionally, they effectively develop transferable soft skills that will allow them to excel within the organization and in their long-term careers. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
As a Technical Support Engineer with Development Skills, you will be involved in the automation enhancements and development of tools like case automation, data processing / parsing tools and others. You will also provide remote technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging NetApp products. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with NetApp storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multinetwork interoperability issues. The experience supporting NetApp customers you will effectively use in your automation efforts.
Typically requires no previous professional experience.
We are looking for those with Bachelor degrees in any one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Informatics.