- Design and development highly reliable and scalable software systems
- Testing and maintenance of software systems, considering all the aspects related to privacy, security, reliability, and scalability
- Creation and maintenance of a reusable set of software components
- Documentation of key stakeholders and dependencies as well as the gathering, clarification, and translation of business and data requirements into documentations and conceptual designs from which technical solutions are developed
- Advisory of clients on appropriate software governance capabilities
- Technology, engineering or related University Degree or student (MSc or BSc)
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: security, cloud computing, distributed processing, and decentralized systems
- Knowledge and experience in software development, architecture, design and related processes and tools
- Agile and continuous delivery methodologies
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Self-driven and creative
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Challenge seeking and analytical
- Good knowledge of IT concepts associated with the deployment of modern distributed systems:
- Knowledge of IT concepts associated with software development tools:
- Certified SAFe Practitioner
- Certification on one or more public clouds: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of the following subject areas is valued:
- Data Mesh principles
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
Amadora - Portugal
Python Job Details
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer to join the Nokia Business Applications AI as a Service team, in Portugal.
AI as a Service mission statement: Develop and nurture innovative, efficient, fully digitalized, and high-quality use cases by becoming a use case driven powerhouse. This team will leverage product capabilities developed by the product engineering team. Nurture and boost excellence in Data Science and Software Engineering disciplines that will be considered state of the art of competences applied to Telco Networks Domain. This organization is designed to be a critical step to future mode of operations where many of our offerings will be use case driven. It includes the domains covering Centralized Operations, Infrastructure, Network and Customer centric use cases.
What you will learn and contribute to
This job position will be part of the Analytics family, which covers the promoting of software engineering and unlock new business potentials from complex data sources. This covers a huge scope: from classical data processing and business intelligence, through designing and implementing highly reliable and scalable software systems that automate data gathering, processing, and integrating their outcome into other consumer applications. Determines the foundation for data and software driven and fact-based decision making. Provides the tools and intelligence to formulate strategies and future business development plans.
A Software Engineer must be responsible for the:
Your skills and experience
Job Generic Qualifications
Job Specific Qualifications
oBig Data and distributed processing (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark)
oMicroservices architecture (Kubernetes)
oCloud native software concepts (BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, or equivalents)
oGit and CI/CD pipelines
oSoftware analysis and design methodologies
oSoftware quality and security enforcement
Job Preferred Qualifications
oArtificial Intelligence (AI) concepts, especially Machine Learning
oData Products, Self-serve Platform, Federated Data Governance
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.