- Develop automated scripts for reports and metrics visualization
- Participate in creating new advanced sports metrics
- Gather and analyze data for internal and external customers
- Must be active student and studying for a Bachelor’s in a quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or similar at a Canadian university
- Experience with python/R and SQL
- Familiarity with the python data analytics stack an asset
- Knowledge and passion for sports and sports analytics a must!
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Tableau is an asset
- Ability to communicate analytic results in a technical and non-technical manner
- If you're passionate about sports, please tell us about it in your cover letter or resume
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Will you be enrolled in a Canadian university for the 2023 Fall semester?
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
We are the world's sports analytics leader, using cutting-edge AI technology to produce unique sports data and performance insights. These insights provide an edge to teams, leagues, media organizations, betting operators, and rights holders of all sizes. We use a variety of techniques to collect and analyze sports data, allowing our partners to discover contextual insights and derive value from them in brand new ways.
The Professional Services and Sports Intelligence teams are looking to add a talented Data Analyst intern, who is passionate about sports, to work closely with them on special projects this summer. This is a great opportunity to learn how we turn our data analytics into Insights! The duration of the paid, fully remote, internship is from May 1 - August 31, approximately 20 hours a week at $17.00/hour.
What you’ll do:
What you need:
What we offer:
Sportlogiq brings a challenging and inspiring work environment. Everybody you’ll interact with, as a Data Analyst intern, is passionate about sport and creating exceptional work. The position will have you collaborate with employees within the company and offer a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunity for learning.
Selected applicants will be required to complete a take home problem set demonstrating their familiarity with using python for sports analytics. The problem set will be supplied as a Jupyter notebook and will require installation of the following python packages: numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn.
Based on the results of the problem set, selected applicants will be invited for a virtual interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship / Co-op
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-05-01