- Liaise with system users, project managers, engineers and other stakeholders for the specification of system changes, resolution of complex problems and deployment of systems
- Analyse system data and log files to identify system performance issues
- Prepare and update engineering documents including specifications, designs, test plans and support procedures
- Be included on the 24/7 support roster (on-call standby after hours)
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient at developing software on Linux platforms
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
- Work on large scale systems (over 8 million lines of code and configuration data)
- Mix of support and large projects - Metro Tunnel, Airport Rail, Level Crossing Removals
Melbourne - Australia
Python Job Details
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Software Engineer is a mid-level position working with other specialist Engineers, Analysts and Testers to configure, support, enhance and develop Operational Control Systems.
WHY WORK FOR METRO
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.