- Manage all aspects of an on-premises Kubernetes cluster, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring service availability and performance.
- Monitoring backup jobs.
- Handling cluster updates when required.
- Applying required changes to RBAC and ensuring overall cluster security.
- Responding to internal problem tickets by running diagnostics, determining root cause, applying resolutions, and maintaining documentation.
- Automating repetitive tasks.
- Deploying new applications and other workloads through GitOps practices.
- Search for and implement existing integrations for internal tools to improve business efficiency and reduce toil, and develop custom automations as required using the appropriate tools.
- Develop and maintain container images and their corresponding pipelines.
- Actively seek out ways to improve stability and customer satisfaction across all provided services.
- Provide support to and communicate with clients to resolve issues.
- Take part in the on-call rotation to meet SLAs when required.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell).
- Preferred: Bash and PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code frameworks (Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible).
- Preferred: Ansible and Terraform.
- Working knowledge of repository management platforms (GitHub, GitLab, Azure DevOps).
- Preferred: Azure DevOps.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Preferred: Azure.
- Familiarity with Git, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies as required.
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies relating to VLAN, VPN and other IP related services such as DNS in Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience in securing and hardening operating systems, networks, databases, and applications is an asset.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies with an emphasis on Hyperconverged technologies is an asset.
- Familiarity with Java and MySQL is an asset.
- College or university degree in fields such as information technology, system administration, computer science, or equivalent industry experience is an asset.
- Bondable Criminal record check; enhanced reliability security clearance.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Professional Development
- Paid Educational Training
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- DevOps: 2 years (preferred)
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
Founded in 1999 and based out of Kenora ON, FSET Inc. is an Information Technology & Services provider delivering progressive and forward-thinking technical solutions within both the public and private sectors. In addition to being a full-service IT company and Managed Services Provider, FSET assists organizations in their digital transformation to remove and reduce inefficiency and improve employee workflows.
The FSET team shares 60 years of experience within Law Enforcement Information Technology (LEIT) and close to 40 more within healthcare in Canada and the US. Other verticals include Small and Medium Business, Enterprise. We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and work alongside us at the forefront of the tech industry in Northwestern Ontario.
The DevOps Engineer position is a permanent full-time job opportunity and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of hardware, software, and networks in production information systems. The DevOps Engineer will report to the Chief Technology Officer. Opportunity is work remote.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Individuals seeking employment with FSET Inc. are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: Remote