- Design, write, comment and unit test code to confirm software modules are of the highest quality
- Build Microservices that will run on the bank's internal cloud and the public cloud platform
- Collaborate with teams in multiple regions and time zones
- Participate in scrum team stand-ups, code reviews and other ceremonies, contribute to task completion and blocker resolution within your team
- Handle critical and time sensitive concurrent tasks with supervision and properly escalate situations as appropriate
- Write test cases, leverage unit and integration testing, develop functionality and automation
- Maintain technical acumen by pursuing formal and informal learning opportunities about technology, JPMorgan Chase products, and financial services
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, to improve delivery flow across product and technology
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in an enterprise environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency and Security
Bangalore - India
Python Job Details
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role Level
JPMorgan Chase is looking to hire Associate Software Engineers at the 601 and 602 levels. A determination will be made on placement for successful candidates based on the results of a skills-based assessment which applicants will be asked to complete during the hiring process. The assessment will evaluate ability to perform basic coding and systems design responsibilities. For the 601 level, the role requires the ability to understand advance features of a coding language, design a viable system, and solve functional problems through basic language applications. For the 602 level, the role requires a higher level of proficiency and ability to function independently, including the ability to use and explain advance features of a coding language, design systems across technologies and platforms, solve functional and non-functional problems through an application of language best practices, as well as, the ability to assess issues broadly, identify alternative or innovative solutions, collaborate effectively, and provide guidance to others.
Visa sponsorship may be available for these positions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.