- Working with Onlea’s research team to design, architect, and implement a commercial product.
- Being able to effectively mentor a small team of developers.
- Participating in planning, code reviews, and brainstorming sessions.
- Ensuring cross-compatibility between supported browsers and devices.
- Running user tests and analyzing feedback.
- Researching and evaluating new technologies.
- Working collaboratively with non-programming members of Onlea (e.g., user experience experts, beta testers, sales/marketing).
- Helping prepare documentation for external users, grant applications, sales pitches, etc.
- Helping with internal budgeting for your projects.
- Work well in a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment.
- Architect a large software project.
- Write maintainable, reusable, well-documented modular code.
- Follow established software engineering best practices.
- Bring a unique perspective to planning and problem-solving.
- Enjoy researching, learning, and utilizing the latest technologies and tools available.
- Be a strong communicator.
- Full stack development.
- User interface and web design.
- Familiarity with database design, security, cloud computing, and elastic search is beneficial.
- Experience with natural language processing, machine learning, and AI is an asset.
- We Work Together from diverse points of view, all in service of developing engaging learning experiences;
- We are Hungry for Knowledge; and,
- We Add Value to each other, to our clients and to our communities.
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits for you and your family
- A subsidy that supports your Professional Development
- A day off to volunteer at you fave event or charity
- You will be able to collaborate with a diverse, fun, and talented team as we build the future of eLearning together
- You will be part of an outstanding team culture.
Edmonton - Canada
Python Job Details
Onlea, a global leader in digital learning experiences, is looking for someone to help us teach the world. We are looking for a technical developer with a passion for problem-solving, the mind of a teacher, the spirit of an artist, the heart of a designer and the soul of a lifelong learner. Do you long to bring your skills to content that’s more meaningful and has more impact on the world? Then come to Onlea and be a part of a team that creates great learning experiences for students the world over. Our courses have won awards, are ranked amongst the top MOOCs of all time, and have been taken by over a million people in over 170 countries around the world. If this sounds appealing, then get in touch and tell us about yourself.
This will be a remote position and our office is located in Edmonton, Alberta if you’d prefer to work in the office.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Preference will be given to Alberta-based applicants.
This will be a Full Time Permanent Position
Area of Focus: Software Development
The Hats You May Wear:
Full Stack Developer, Application Developer, Platform Engineer, Researcher, UX Designer, Database Engineer
Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
The Senior Software Developer is able to:
and has experience with:
Our Core Values
Why Join Onlea?
Onlea is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.