- Build fully functional digital products/solutions in line with client requirements, expectations and timelines.
- Develop existing and new projects according to project deadline, specifications and budget.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of project requirements, specifications and project plan.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, technologies, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Maintain an archive of source codes and version history for each project.
- Deploy solutions according to project specifications.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Recommend, schedule, and create management reports.
- Ensure security procedures are employed.
- Provide postproduction support where applicable.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install and configure software solutions for end users as required.
- Liaise with administrators, third-party providers, system analysts, and external developers to assist in resolving problems with products or systems.
- Manage deployment and ongoing hosting using Amazon Web Services.
- 3 years of digital agency or consulting experience, ideally including a minimum of 18 months working on Drupal CMS with government or NFP clients.
- Good knowledge of relational databases including MySQL
- Good to advanced knowledge and experience developing for open-source content management systems, Drupal highly regarded.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments
- Hands on experience working with version control tools such as Git
- Hands on experience using command line applications
- Ability to interpret and use datasets in a development context
- Ability to produce low and high-level prototypes
- Understanding of WCAG compliance
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services platforms for deployment and management of digital assets
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite for software and project management
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Professional approach to business, attention to details and ability to accurately estimate tasks
- Good communication skills both oral and written at all levels
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
- You love purposeful work and value working with government, not for profits and other organisations who work for a positive impact for our society, planet and people.
- While not essential, you may bring an additional expertise to the role such as:
- Fair remuneration and salary evolution
- Rewarding purposeful work
- Flexible and open-minded environment where your ideas are welcome and embraced
- Training budget to build your certification and competencies in new domains
- An inclusive workplace where you can be yourself
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Friday
- South Melbourne, VIC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Full-stack development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Australia (Preferred)
South Melbourne - Australia
Python Job Details
About Think HQ
Communications delivering positive outcomes for people, places and the planet.
Jen Sharpe founded Think HQ in 2010, on the belief that communications can be harnessed as a force of positive impact.
We think human quotient: we unapologetically put people at the heart of everything we do, and we don’t think that should be a radical position.
We create campaigns that understand culture and context, and invite audiences to work with us to transform the(ir) world in their best interest.
Over the years, we’ve grown from a public relations company into an integrated communications agency, working solely on projects that drive social good. Now, whether it’s advertising, public relations, strategy, content, social media, diverse communications, events, digital presence or capacity building – we can do it all, and we do it ourselves.
We are a team of experts from all sorts of backgrounds. Think film makers, journalists, advertising industry legends and multicultural communications specialists. It means that we have the kind of diverse thinking that will lead to the best possible solution. Then, we have all the expertise needed to execute it.
What brings us together is a real, genuine belief that communications is powerful, and that it must be used to tell the stories that need to be heard.
About the Digital Team
While we are digital thinkers at the core, we believe in understanding our clients’ businesses and holistic user behaviours and attitudes to design future-proofed ecosystems and make good engineering decisions.
Our service offering is adaptive to client challenges and user needs. Working with government and not-for-profit organisations means we often lean towards open-source technology however our mandate is to always embrace the technology that is fit-for-purpose. We collaborate, we listen, we support, we lead ... no matter what our role is, we always care about doing our best work enabling our people to grow and our client to flourish.
Our services span from delivering digital campaigns to building future-proofed ecosystem, websites, applications, and products.
We love emerging technologies but recognise that sometimes simply crafting impactful communications that precisely target the right audience can be more impactful. We consult and support our clients in engineering their marketing ecosystem, whether it is building a new platform, optimising their current one (CRO, SEO, CMS enhancement, analytics ...) or augmenting their team in a managed service model.
The digital team is rapidly growing as we expand our capabilities to become a one stop shop for our clients who need inclusive and purposeful digital communications. We are looking to expand our team with an additional developer. If you care about doing purposeful work and have a passion for open-source, innovative products and emerging technologies, we would love to hear from you.
About the role:
As a full-stack developer you will take ownership in developing software solutions, products and campaign applications. Your role will require you to collaborate with other developers delivering software development, software implementation, systems integration, business intelligence, reporting and maintenance.
What you will bring to the role (a combination of):
o Experience/knowledge of server-side programming using PHP, Python, or the C variants
o Experience/knowledge of data science and data engineering.
o Experience/knowledge of Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Machine Learning, WebGL etc.
o Experience/knowledge of internet protocols, applicable data privacy practices and laws
o Knowledge and curiosity for programming and digital design trends
What we will bring to your career
Job Function: Digital
Location: South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Job type: Permanent
Annual Salary: $80,000-$90,000
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate: