- Deliver business value using data and technology, being involved in all stages of the solution development cycle
- You will be expected to understand the business problem and proactively identify potential data solutions working with stakeholders
- Play a key role in structuring, scoping and delivering these solutions to the business
- Be involved in the development of solutions and ensuring the business realised the maximum benefit from each deliverable you produce
- Work on a variety of projects and in small working groups acting as a focal point for data science solutions
- The projects you will work on will be both varied and interesting, using leading edge technology and key to TUI Airlines growth plans with high visibility at all levels of the business
- Numerate with a broad understanding of analytics, data science and technology with an ability to spot how particular approaches can be applied
- Knowledge and experience in data, statistics, or operations research
- Familiarity and experience with Python and SQL
- Inquisitive and confident in using specific data and sources in support of solution delivery
- Self-motivated data scientist who takes initiative and works collaboratively
- Commitment to continued professional development and learning
- Role requires strong business English, both spoken and written, and may involve some international travel
- Work in the largest global tourism group with international projects and teams
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts & special offers
- Development & career opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working (understandably, some roles operate out of a specific location & to a set working pattern)
- Plus lots more benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
Luton, East of England, England - United Kingdom
Python Job Details
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Airline Data Science is a function within our airline organisation responsible for driving efficiencies if how we plan and operate the Airline using data. The Data Science function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving efficiency and innovation.
The junior data scientist role will be part of our Airline Data Science Team working on key strategic projects across our Airline and the wider business. The role has accountability for the design and development of the analytical solutions using a variety of technologies, and techniques, and working alongside IT, business and other data science colleagues.
Examples of recent initiatives include – using linear programming to more efficiently plan aircraft maintenance, simulation to provide recommendations of which aircraft parts to hold in which locations and using machine learning to predict crew absence to enable better planning or reserve crew.
In this role, you’ll report to the Head of Data Science. The role can be based in either our Luton or Zaventem offices and we are happy to consider a hybrid working model with 1 – 2 days per week based onsite in the office. In addition we like to get together as a wider team so occasional travel will be required in either this respect or potentially to meet with your stakeholders.
Applications close 19 February 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
ABOUT OUR OFFER
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.