- Evaluate, test, build and maintain solutions to support a variety of requests; applying relevant policies, standards, and best practice to ensure the resilience and longevity of systems and solutions.
- Monitoring and supporting the Linux estate on a day-to-day basis, responding to client's requests and providing escalation support to internal service desk team.
- Take a leading role in coordinating and engineering the technical delivery and maintenance of applications to documented standards.
- Work with other SMEs and MSPs to provision related system configurations including web applications, databases, load balancer configurations, storage and backup services.
- Create written procedures and other technical documentation to underpin effective system support and implementation.
- Understand and improve business processes and procedures related to implementation and maintenance of Linux systems and related applications
- Opportunity to be involved in different internal and external projects with varies teams
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar Engineer position in a large and complex environment
- Extensive knowledge of LAMP and LEMP stacks
- Knowledge of containers (Docker), cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge in VMware and networks
- Broad understanding and/or experience across various applications (Apache, Nginx, Postfix) and databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Expertise in root cause analysis for problems
- Knowledge of automation with Ansible and source code management (Git) is an advantage
- Expertise in Citrix ADC configuration and management is an advantage
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (go/bash/python) is an advantage
- Relevant certification and training (e.g. RHCE, LFCSE etc.)
Melbourne - Australia
Python Job Details
Webcentral Group is Australia’s largest full-service digital services partner unifying a seamless digital experience across data connectivity, cloud and managed services in the business to business market. We have supported the growth of over 300,000 Australian businesses; from inception to acceleration – helping them realize their potential online.
As an organization, we are dedicated and passionate about delivering unique value to our customers and this commitment is strengthened by a core focus on digital leadership, innovation and an exceptional customer experience.
Our culture is firmly centered around people, collaboration and trust, enabling our team to continually unlock value for our customers through innovation and the expertise to transform digital challenges into successful business outcomes.
About the Role
As a passionate, talented engineer you will be an integral part of this team that will deliver a customized experience for our end users. Customer satisfaction is your key focus and you will be a significant contributor delivering a level of support that will delight our customers. As a dedicated member of the team, your goal will be to deliver excellence in solving end user problems – as a creative problem solver you take pride in the service you deliver. You can quickly determine what help a colleague needs and how to best deliver it. You’ll be comfortable in technical environments and quickly able to analyze complex, multi-system issues. Sometimes you’ll need to reach out to colleagues to help achieve a resolution, but you’ll maintain that first contact point relationship until the customer is delighted.
This role requires outstanding communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
You’ll support the following:
We believe in culture contribution. Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional development goals, and support employees with pursuing opportunities across our national network of offices and roles. With benefits like an annual employee share scheme, paid birthday leave, and access to leading technology. if this sounds like the right environment for you, please apply now.
Applications are open to Adelaide, Melbourne & Sydney.