- A love of all things data!
- Strong analytical problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities
- An ability to take a structured approach to getting clear and impactful insight from large datasets
- Analytical-based degree including fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering and Physics. However, we’re totally open to any topic that requires analytical thinking and some modelling in any form.
- Exposure to quantitative models (including predictive, geospatial or financial) either in a professional or academic setting.
- An interest in the use of tools to manipulate, analyse and visualise data using (this can include Excel, R, PowerBI or Tableau)
- Familiarity with some programming languages would be beneficial (such as Python or SQL)
- Excellent communication skills – translating technical lingo into insights and stories for stakeholders is a must!
- An innate drive to move things forward – you’re a self-starter who values entrepreneurism
- A team-oriented and collaborative approach
- An interest in joining a small but growing team and drive to help both themselves and the business develop.
- £37,853 (pro-rata)
- Training budget of £6,000 (pro-rata)
- Be part of a young, thriving scale-up
- Possibility of extension after 3 months
London, England - United Kingdom
Python Job Details
QuantSpark is a boutique data analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to improve decision making and facilitate growth for our clients by combining the best of strategy consulting, data analytics and product development to deliver creative and impactful solutions to public and private sector clients.
We go beyond the remit of traditional strategy consultancies by deploying advanced data analytics and software engineering capabilities to build bespoke tools that deliver long-lasting value. The tools and solutions we create become embedded in our clients’ daily operations, creating value long into the future.
In the Analytics team, our solutions focus on combining strategic insight with analytical problem solving to help our clients succeed, be that through building a data strategy, creating dashboards, navigating global supply chain challenges, or building advanced predictive models to help businesses respond to customer behaviours.
QuantSpark have two exciting opportunities within our analytics department for 3-month internships! The role is perfect for someone who has previous analytics experience with an interest in learning how to apply data science to solve commercial challenges.
This role will require you to think through complex problems that large organizations face daily, develop innovative, effective and pragmatic commercial solutions based on strategic insight and analytical problem solving.
You will be supporting activities as varied as researching new industries and technologies, extracting & analysing data, build models & deliver advise to our clients.
You will embark on a journey to research and understand new industries and technologies, extract and analyse data, build models, learn (and build!) new tools, and deliver actionable business strategies.
Being an Analytics Intern at QuantSpark does not mean you’re given all the admin and you’re certainly not making cups of tea. During your onboarding, you will be given a mini project to help get a better understanding of the work that we do. From then, you will immediately be involved with supporting our team to deliver an impact on live projects.
What we value
Our Analysts are creative, entrepreneurial, and intellectually curious problem-solvers. They are highly motivated and keen to make an impact on commercial enterprises and public bodies through innovative uses of data analytics and tools. They thrive on getting stuck into our clients’ biggest and most challenging problems.
Ideally, you have:
As well as technical skills, you’ll also need to be a great consultant and a driver of our fantastic culture, so we also look for you to have:
QuantSpark hire based on potential, not a competency checklist or a list of buzzwords. If you meet most of the requirements above, and can demonstrate your drive and capability to learn on the job, we would welcome your application.
Salary and Benefits
We strongly believe that diversity of people and ideas is essential for the wellbeing and effectiveness of our team, and we are committed to creating a company where diversity in culture, experience and background are truly valued. Diverse and inclusive teams bring different perspectives and ideas that help better serve our clients and help us all develop. QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.