- Help to deliver strategic analytics projects for our clients through the thoughtful and creative application of the latest data analytics techniques and tools
- Contribute to the end-to-end delivery of impactful analytics projects by delivering the analytical firepower needed to extract, engineer, understand and model complex datasets
- Create striking data visualisations and dashboards that help communicate insights to both expert and non-expert stakeholders, ensuring our recommendations are clearly and fully understood
- Contribute to building trusting and long-lasting relationships with our clients, and gain a deep understanding of their business and challenges
- Create and present strategic recommendations to client stakeholders through powerful storytelling
- A love of all things data!
- Strong analytical problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities
- An ability to take a structured approach to getting clear and impactful insight from large datasets
- A degree in an analytical field, (e.g., Statistics, Maths, Engineering, etc.) – although we’re totally open to any topic that requires analytical thinking and some modelling
- Exposure to quantitative models (e.g., predictive, geospatial, financial, etc.) either in a professional or academic setting
- Experience of using tools to manipulate, analyse and visualise data using (e.g., Excel, R, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Familiarity with some programming languages is preferred (e.g., Python or SQL)
- Excellent communication skills – translating technical lingo into insights and stories for stakeholders is a must!
- An innate drive to move things forward – you’re a self-starter
- A team-oriented and collaborative approach
- An interest in joining a small but growing team and drive to help both themselves and the business develop
- Salary of £37,853 - £40,556 per annum (based on existing experience)
- Huge training & conference budget to help you up-skill (£6,000/yr)
- A thriving scale-up with plenty of opportunities for progression (bi-annual appraisals & reviews)
- Friendly, open, and transparent culture which embraces diversity in all its shapes and forms
- Flexible hours and hybrid working; work from home or our office
- Option to work from abroad for up to one month each year
- Top tier Private Healthcare
- Numerous, perks, discounts, and rewards
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Social impact / pro bono strategy projects
- Pension contribution scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Optional monthly socials, dinners, and fun nights out
- A fully stocked supply of breakfast, fruit, and refreshments for the days when you are in the office
London, England - United Kingdom
Python Job Details
QuantSpark is a boutique data analytics consultancy based in London. Our mission is to improve decision making and facilitate growth for our clients by combining the best of strategy consulting, data analytics and product development to deliver creative and impactful solutions to public and private sector clients.
We go beyond the remit of traditional strategy consultancies by deploying advanced data analytics and software engineering capabilities to build bespoke tools that deliver long-lasting value. The tools and solutions we create become embedded in our clients’ daily operations, creating value long into the future.
In the Analytics team, our solutions focus on combining strategic insight with analytical problem solving to help our clients succeed, be that through building a data strategy, creating dashboards, navigating global supply chain challenges, or building advanced predictive models to help businesses respond to customer behaviours.
This role is perfect for someone who is early on in their career journey. Perhaps you’ve recently graduated with some commercial experience from part-time roles (or maybe you already have a little bit of work experience under your belt!) Either way, you’re looking for a role in which you can grow and discover new skills.
This role will require you to think through complex problems that large organisations face daily, and develop innovative, effective, and pragmatic commercial solutions based on strategic insight and analytical problem solving. From kick-off and discovery to delivery and recommendations, you’ll be involved throughout the whole project lifecycle of consulting and analytics.
You will embark on a journey to research and understand new industries and technologies, extract and analyse data, build models, learn (and build!) new tools, and deliver actionable business strategies.
Being a Junior Analyst at QuantSpark does not mean you’re given all the admin and you’re certainly not making cups of tea. During your onboarding, you’ll be given a mini project which will enable you to settle into life at QuantSpark, learn to use our tools and systems, and get a better understanding of the kind of work we’re involved in. From then on, you’ll immediately be involved in a live client project and given the opportunity to make an impact straight away. Unlike other consultancies, we like to give you this exposure almost immediately to develop your career early!
Our Analysts are creative, entrepreneurial, and intellectually curious problem-solvers. They are highly motivated and keen to make an impact on commercial enterprises and public bodies through innovative uses of data analytics and tools. They thrive on getting stuck into our clients’ biggest and most challenging problems.
Ideally, you have:
As well as technical skills, you’ll also need to be a great consultant and a driver of our fantastic culture, so we also look for you to have:
QuantSpark hire based on potential, not on a competency checklist or a list of buzzwords. If you meet most of the requirements above, and can demonstrate your drive and capability to learn on the job, we would welcome your application.
We have a hybrid working model so are happy to support a mix of home- and office- working. It doesn't matter where in the UK you're based, however, there will be occasions when you might be expected to come to the London office. For example, during your onboarding and first few months with us, we might ask you to come to the office more frequently to help get you settled in to life at QuantSpark. The safety of our team is our priority and we are following all the necessary Covid Health & Safety measures.
We strongly believe that diversity of people and ideas is essential for the wellbeing and effectiveness of our team, and we are committed to creating a company where diversity in culture, experience and background are truly valued. Diverse and inclusive teams bring different perspectives and ideas that help better serve our clients and help us all develop. QuantSpark is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.
Yes, the work is hugely impactful and engaging, but it’s our talented team which is our greatest asset; we take pride in providing a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to grow their career with a personal training budget of £6,000 per year. You'll experience a fun and thriving culture, with the following benefits as part of life at QuantSpark: