- Collaborate with your peers to spec, write, test, and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other developers
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- Take ownership of escalated support cases that are related to Fonemed’s Health Management and Virtual Care systems and assist in a timely manner
- Other related duties as required
- 5+ years advanced development experience in Python and/or Node.js
- 5+ years advanced development experience in relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Advanced development experience in document-based databases (e.g., AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud native, microservices architectures (AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, AWS EKS)
- Building modern RESTFUL APIs
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience is considered an asset.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) experience is considered an asset.
- Automation and scripting (Cloud Formation) experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in Linux based operating systems is considered an asset.
- Source control software (e.g., Git, Bitbucket) experience is considered an asset.
- Modern web technologies such as JSON, WebSocket’s
- Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) and Health Level 7 (HL7) is considered an asset
- Designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems is considered an asset
- A preference for writing quality code with automated testing and leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Comfortable communicating with other developers, clinical, and operations staff to solve open-ended problems
- Interest in doing mission-oriented work especially in the healthcare space
St. John's - Canada
Python Job Details
We are looking for a Back-End Software Developer to join our team! This is a remote, work from home opportunity to join a growing, NL based technology team and contribute to the evolution of our robust suite of cloud-native applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. If you are a software developer with a passion for back-end design, that enjoys working in a fast paced and ever evolving environment collaboratively with a dedicated team, and you are looking for a new challenge, apply today!
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission "to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve", Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
As a Back-End Software Developer with Fonemed, you will contribute to the evolution of our robust suite of cloud-native applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of an agile product development team working collaboratively with others to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
What you will do
Why Work With Us
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource - our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program.
Fonemed is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.fonemed.com.