- Write code with testability, readability, edge cases, and errors in mind.
- Understands the basics of debugging and the tools used for it.
- Design basic functions with an awareness of overall service architecture, avoiding duplication across codebases and interface-breaking changes.
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps.
- Work with stakeholders & founders to capture insights & build product features.
- Become an integral part of a small team, with ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- Work experience in open-source or coursework in any of the following languages: Java, Python, with relevant frameworks like Spring, Django, Flask
- Exposure to developing web applications.
- Strong eagerness to learn, iterate & build.
- Passion for creating a highly effective technology platform for our growing customers.
- Strong Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Programming Languages: Python with Django stack and/or Java with Spring stack
- Databases: MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Caches: Redis/Memcache
Bangalore - India
Python Job Details
Lokal - India's largest hyperlocal platform in Indian languages is focussed on building a world-class product for non-english speakers in India by providing them local information, classifieds and evolving with more meaningful use cases every day. We are operational in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Punjaband West Bengal with 10M+ downloads as on today.
Lokal(Behtar Technology Private Limited), headquartered in Bengaluru was founded by IIT Alumni, Jani Pasha and Vipul Chaudhary in the year 2018 to build Web 2.0 for tier 2 & tier 3 cities in India. We recently raised our Series A from a global Marquee VC. Lokal also has YCombinator, 3one4 capital, India Quotient, RB Investment as investors
We are being heard: Tech Crunch, Forbes, Economic Times