- You will work on a new way of controlling PLCs – running them in a cloud–like environment.
- Analyze complex problems and find new and unconventional solutions to this challenge.
- Assess the technical feasibility of requirements as well as design and develop future-oriented solutions that will fit into the Siemens portfolio.
- Answer questions from customers and other teams, contribute to defining future concepts and architectures with your team, and drive them forward until “Definition of Done” is reached.
- Focus on high quality, high reliability, and reusing components wherever possible.
- Work close with stakeholders like Industrial Edge and external Siemens customers.
- Share the experience gained and the results of the work into the team and contribute to continuous knowledge building.
- Develop software solutions in both IT and SIMATIC environments.
- Specialize in IT and OT technologies.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or have an equivalent level of education or experience.
- Familiar with CI/CD and testing, ideally with GitHub.
- Several years of work experience in software projects, with a focus of expertise in the automation domain.
- Ideally, you already have experience with SIMATIC automation systems and their communication protocols.
- Demonstrate competence through knowledge of Linux operating system, open-source software, virtualization, containers and cloud technology.
- Ability to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions consisting of multiple technologies.
- Fluent English skills, written and spoken.
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- An environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and feel a sense of belonging
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits
Erlangen - Germany
Python Job Details
What part will you play?
What you need to make real what matters.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider .
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Either