- Undertake software system design and development activities and software unit integration testing;
- Undertake tasks within allocated timeframes;
- Facilitate collaboration with RDA staff and clients; and
- Identify and pursue ongoing personal development opportunities.
- Eligibility and willingness to meet Australian Department of Defence security clearance requirements;
- Understanding of the secure software development lifecycle;
- Exposure to object oriented design methodologies;
- Exposure to SQL; and
- Experience working with multiple operating systems e.g. Windows, Linux.
- Have a long weekend every second week with a compressed 9 day working fortnight
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Internal incentive and referral program
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Adelaide - Australia
Python Job Details
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
About the Team
This position will be a key member of the close-knit Electronic Solutions team, with exposure to programs such as Land 400, and DSTG R&D activities working in the areas of Machine Learning, Deep Learning and imagery analysis.
About the Role
Working as part of the Electronic Solutions team, and under the supervision of the Technical Lead, the Graduate Software Engineer will undertake software design and development activities as an integral member of engineering project teams.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall, a global technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.