Manage the data pipeline, connectivity and data transformation integrating machine learning models to optimize data pipelines to support projects.
- Use state of the art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets, as well as using Python and SQL daily.
- Responsible for the infrastructure models to catch data from the source, setting up requirements to extract data from restricted knowledge.
- Responsible for the target database system and own data warehousing process.
- Map data fields to hypothesis, curate, wrangle and prepare data to be used in advanced analytics models.
- Progress work on ETL chains and jobs.
- Create and manage data environments in the cloud or on premise.
- Ensure information security standards are always maintained.
- Contribute to cross-functional problem-solving sessions with your team and deliver presentations to colleagues and clients.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in data science principle and with state-of-the-art technology to best support the business in making truly data driven decisions
Knowledge of software engineering concepts and an understanding of best practices.
- Experience building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data, as well as experience preparing data for analytics
- Understand the peer review process and state of the art tech documentation.
- Understand issues regarding connectivity, data transformation and be able to integrate Machine Learning (ML) models.
- Extensive experience on IT infrastructure related connectivity topics including but not limited to IP, VLAN, VPC, VPN.
- Experience in creating and designing ETL chains.
- Experience within serverless (python, .net) with knowledge on how to deal with data warehousing systems and understand how to set up the target database system.
- Experience in preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow.
- Experience in workflow orchestration tools.
Porto - Portugal
Python Job Details
Passionate about the environment and climate change? Ready to be part of the future of the energy transition? The Siemens Energy Data Analytics & AI team plays a significant role in driving the energy transformation.
How You’ll Make an Impact / Responsibilities
What You Bring / skills, capabilities
About the Team
The Data & Analytics organization has been established and designed to help Siemens Energy achieve our mission by becoming a data driven organization. Treating and using data as a strategic asset enables us to support customers in transitioning to a more sustainable world, by using innovative technologies and bringing ideas into reality.
Check out this video to see what we do here! https://bit.ly/3IfnlaR
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.