- Work with one of Australia’s most respected and innovative EdTech start-ups
- Join our passionate, purpose-driven team with the flexibility to work from home and from our amazing Sydney harbourside location. This role requires a commitment of at least 1-2 days a week in the office.
- Establish strong working relationships with different parts of the business (particularly marketing, finance, operations and product)
- Manage data projects, partnering with relevant team’s stakeholders and data champions to define the business requirements of data and develop an accurate, timely, integrated view of business, process or product performance.
- Support teams to make data-informed decisions by designing and developing helpful metrics and understandable datasets that stakeholders and data champions can use for self-serve reporting in our dashboard tool, metabase.
- Design & build dimensional database models in Snowflake using SQL and dbt
- Perform deep dive analysis, ad-hoc analysis, and build graphs and dashboards as needed to answer specific questions and generate insights to inform customer, sales, marketing and product decisions
- Support the customer operations and marketing team to produce effective external stakeholder facing data products (e.g. for Government tendering, customer usage reporting)
- Actively work towards our vision of company-wide data-driven decision making by fostering data champions in marketing, finance, operations and product
- Advise and share best practices to support the business to be able to make the most effective use of data
- Help teams in the business to troubleshoot and solve data related problems
- Constantly iterate and improve existing data systems and processes
- 3-6 years experience in a Data Analyst, Analytics Engineer or similar role
- Deep understanding of data modeling, database architecture, analytics and visualization
- Strong business acumen and demonstrable experience in deriving actionable business insights from data. Ability to triangulate and make sense of multiple sets of data to inform business decision making.
- Experience designing, building, testing, documenting & maintaining dimensional database models using SQL in an OLAP database such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience in reporting, data visualization and storytelling using a Dashboarding tool such as Metabase or similar (e.g. Tableau, Looker, AWS Quicksight, Power BI, Superset)
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders on project priorities, business process mapping, metric design, discussing time-to-build vs long term value trade-offs and presenting insights and data to a broad range of audiences
- Comfort working in ambiguous, fast changing environments, enjoy working within small collaborative teams but also comfortable with taking initiative and working with a large degree of autonomy
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Snowflake
- Familiarity with Python (jupyter notebook, pandas, seaborn, bokeh) which we occasionally use for data wrangling and visualization
- Interest in Data Engineering which you may work across if interested
- Someone who is passionate about changing the world, and care about making quality education universally accessible
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- Want to belong to a diverse and down-to-earth team who love learning from each other
- A hybrid work environment (1-2 days per week in the office). Our team is open minded and respectful. We are flexible in how and where you work, so that you can live a healthy, fulfilled life as well as succeed in your career
- Competitive remuneration at all levels
- A beautiful, spacious office set in park lands overlooking Sydney Harbour
- Access to our supportive employee assistance program
- A commitment to your ongoing development, and opportunities to learn from and engage with every part of our vibrant start-up organisation.
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Flexible hours
- Mosman, NSW 2088: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Have you used data build tool (dbt) before?
- Database modelling: 1 year (Required)
- Data analytics: 3 years (Required)
- Data visualisation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Australia (Required)
Mosman - Australia
Python Job Details
Inquisitive is seeking an experienced Data Analytics professional to help us turn data into actionable insights that will help us to grow, and improve all parts of our business
Inquisitive is an Education Technology company with a mission to simplify access to quality learning, so that teachers enjoy teaching and students learn with purpose and depth. Over 60% of Australian primary schools already use our products and we are looking to expand rapidly into new markets.
About the role
Inquisitive is seeking a mid-senior Data Analyst responsible for turning data into key metrics and insights that will help us to measure business processes, grow our business, improve our product, and better communicate with our customers and key stakeholders.
In this role you will be across the dimensional database modelling, analytics and visualization space and will be utilizing our data analytics stack comprising of: sql, dbt, Snowflake, metabase
Data Platform Engineering is not a part of this role. The Data Engineering is highly automated using various AWS services in combination with Terraform, Docker & CircleCI.
What you will be doing
Providing the business with actionable and timely insights from data
Building robust data analytics systems, processes and culture
Skills and experience you will bring to the team
NICE TO HAVE
You belong in the Inquisitive team if you are
If you work with us, you will benefit from
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate: