- Location: London
- Postcode: SE1 0LH
- Programme: Junior Software Developer - Level 3
- Salary: £21000 per annum
- Ref: JO-2211-12246
- Passion for IT and Tech
- Digital Advocates
- Implementing and testing business-driven logic that users interact with on a daily basis.
- Working in Python and getting exposure to multiple testing frameworks.
- You will also be responsible for curating and maintaining a library of Jinja templates, as well as building any additional functionality to simplify the Jinja tagging process.
- Discussing with the QA team and supervising part of the testing process.
- Take ownership of your work and you will be given the freedom to pursue ideas you have in streamlining and improving their process.
- Collaborative, creative, and curious thinker with a desire to learn.
- Strong attention to detail and unflinching work ethic.
- Passion for technology.
- Prior coding knowledge/experience in at least one programming language.
- Participated in a boot camp ideally with additional experience / knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Grade 4/C in Maths and English Language or the equivalent is essential for the role.
- A Levels preferably grade C or above (or equivalent i.e. BTEC) in STEM related subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) are beneficial.
- A graduate is ideal.
- Monday – Friday with a 1 hour lunch break included
- £21,000 per annum
- 24 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Birthday off!
- Company socials and team outings
- Work with latest technologies (they aim to track the latest Python/Django/Angular versions)
- Part work from home (Mondays & Fridays) and up to two months of the year working remotely.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
London, England - United Kingdom
Python Job Details
What we look for
Origin have gone from strength to strength since they first launched just over 6 years ago. In an industry that’s famously resistant to change, it’s their culture of embracing change that’s resulted in them now being used by some of the largest investment banks and borrowers globally, including Barclays, Citi and Telefonica. Origin’s software has transformed the debt capital markets, completely streamlining the way companies and investment banks work together to raise capital.
In this role you will be supporting Origin’s Legal Documentation team in maintaining their documentation tool. You’ll be working in Python, getting exposure to multiple testing frameworks, curating / maintaining a library of Jinga templates and much more…
You’ll work towards your Level 3 Software Development Technician qualification, delivered by our expert training team at Baltic Apprenticeships.
A Typical Day in the Job:
Desired Qualities, Skills and Knowledge:
Your Training with Baltic Apprenticeships:
Learn to create, test, and implement code as part of a professional software development team.
With our unique apprenticeship programme, you'll build an impressive range of coding skills - and learn to thrive as a junior developer
You’ll be based full time with an employer and will quickly become an important part of the team. Our training is 100% online, including real-time classes with our expert trainers and self-paced courses created by industry specialists.
With a Baltic Apprenticeship, you'll be on your way to a long-term career in the Software industry. On completion of their apprenticeship programme, 95% of our learners remain in full-time employment or progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and valid residency status to apply for this apprenticeship.