- Design, develop and maintain microservices, ETL jobs and system components for our Python-based data integration, processing and analytics platform
- Work in a cross-functional team with engineers, business analysts, traders and data scientists
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and continuously improve our platform
- Improve code quality through pull requests and code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field and/or provable relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of solid understanding of object-oriented, functional and asynchronous programming and design patterns in a modern programming language (preferable Python)
- Knowledge of SQL fundamentals
- A passion for delivering clean code and working with a test-driven mindset
- DevOps mindset with appreciation to work in a hybrid-cloud and container-driven architecture (partly on-premise and partly AWS)
- Our tech stack includes Python (FastAPI, Pandas), AWS (S3, Athena, ECS), Redis, Docker, Atlassian (Jira, Bitbucket), SQL Server, and more. Interest in and knowledge of these or similar services would be a plus!
- Ideally domain knowledge in the energy sector
- Proactive, pragmatic problem solver with a strong bias for action
- Actively help yourself and others to be successful
- A positive, team-oriented mindset, and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision or guidance
- Shows ownership and accountability in all aspects of work with a focus on delivery
- Comfortable in a startup environment with less structure and driven by deadlines
- Continuously challenge the status quo
Sligo - Ireland
Python Job Details
About the Job
Trailstone is a global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets, and we provide a best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium and long term.
As an energy trader, we buy and sell electricity and gas which is physically delivered on the grids, and we leverage our physical market knowledge to trade financial commodities.
As a provider of renewable energy management services, we take on the complexity of managing renewable power across different countries so that our customers can focus on their core mission of investment and growth. Trailstone offers an efficient, fully automated front-to-back renewable power management platform underpinned by our long-standing market experience, proprietary technology, data analytics and meteorology.
About the Role
As a Python Engineer you will be working on developing best in class microservices and data pipelines for our renewables trading platform. Currently we are in a strong growth phase and are working on building a world class product to help us scale and bring renewables to many more power markets in the world, while trading many smaller electricity assets. If you are interested in contributing to the success of this platform keep on reading!
We're different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions. Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas. And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!