- Designing and supporting the deployment of managed (mostly) and self-deployed database clusters. You’ll do this for a range of different startup projects at different scales, using different database technologies (NoSQL, SQL, KV).
- Designing and running pressure and scalability tests over the database clusters. As well as configuring sharding, horizontal, and vertical scaling policies on the DB clusters.
- Isolating, refactoring, and improving slow queries.
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting database systems
- Familiarity with the major Cloud Vendors database offering (GCP and AWS)
- Work experience with sharding techniques (eg. selecting the sharding keys)
- You should also be comfortable using SDKs for the most popular database types (multi-dialect: Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL) on Node.js
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Expertise with Linux environments, Docker and Kubernetes Orchestrator
- Cost reduction techniques for managed database services on Cloud Vendors
- Experience with large data lakes
- Experience wiring scripts in Bash, Python, or Go
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Helm, Puppet, Terraform, or AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with ELK Stacks
- Experience using Cloud Vendors managed DB Solutions: Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to live in Portugal (or be happy and legally qualified to relocate here). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation
Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
Lisbon - Portugal
Python Job Details
Amazon Web Services
Google Cloud Platform
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life:
To apply for this job you must be willing to work in the time zone UTC +00:00.
We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto or Aveiro (or be happy to relocate). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an office in the heart of Lisbon.