- Lead teams to deliver on projects and programs around our business needs
- Hire new team members, retention of existing team members and removal of team members who are not thriving on the team.
- Mentoring Development team members and supporting their career development
- Staying abreast of tools, technologies and industry developments relevant to the work of the team
- Collaborate with other leads to break down complex deliveries into smaller pieces and iterate
- To be a high-level technical reference across several teams, guiding and supporting the team on important architectural decisions
- Optimize cross-team collaboration
- Define and execute recruiting and onboarding strategy
- Ensure our development process is followed and refined
- Provide structured feedback and career growth
- Communicate and influence in the prioritization of tech backlog
- Define and implement new processes for enhanced productivity
- Promote collaboration and engagement across teams
- 6-8 years of demonstrated experience in Databases, Data Platforms, Apache Kafka/Confluent Kafka platform technologies in an enterprise environment. Your technical proficiency includes Kafka architecture, design & developer experience, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and experience in one or more multi-platform environments( Cloud or Containers)
- Experience with data orchestration and processing technologies, such as Spark, Airflow & Flink
- 4-8 years of hands-on programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages such as Golang, Java or Python and SQL/No SQL database technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
Rain is a venture-backed fintech with a mission to kill predatory financial products like payday loans. Our first product gives employees instant access to their wages, which solves a major problem for real people (115 million American workers are living paycheck-to-paycheck). Rain is the fastest-growing startup in the category and was incubated with QED Capital, a top fintech venture fund.
We are looking for a Data architect of Software Engineering to join our global team at Rain to provide technical leadership, design & architect end-to-end data platform & data product solutions. We expect you to help us in the design and building of our data strategy at scale, with freedom to choose the best architecture and tools that are a good fit for our context. You will work closely with our Global Engineering , Operations and Product teams in the United States , Brazil, Europe and in India, supporting them with data analysis needs.At Rain, Our mission is to regrow individual freedom by giving people control over their income and finances. We are killing predatory financial products like payday loans and overdraft fees.
As a Data Architect, you will provide technical leadership, design & architect end-to-end data platform & data product solutions that are highly scalable, performant, secure and resilient.You rely on sound judgment, critical thinking, and creativity to deliver customer focused data solutions that create meaningful business impact.You are experienced with Database performance, tuning, Design Data Lake solutions, various patterns of data ingestion, processing, and curation.You are an expert in data streaming, messaging, design and scale pub - sub models.You understand the criticality of data quality, security & governance practices and are adept at it.You design solutions with strategic and long-term focus on code quality, reliability, reusability, maintainability and dataops.You are experienced in building efficient and scalable data services.Expectation is to collaborate with the Engineering Leadership, Product Management and existing data engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software architecture specifications that evolve and scale the big data processing components of our Engineering platform.
You have excellent communication skills. You will work closely with our Product organization and Operations teams in multiple geographies including the US, India, and the EU.
You are adaptable. You've been in fast-growing companies and know how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows.
The Rain Instant Pay app provides early wage access for employees at mid to large-sized organizations to improve financial wellness and increase employee productivity.
With 63% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, financial wellness tools are an important part of any employee benefits package. Rain works by giving advances on upcoming paychecks; it is not a loan and there is no interest. Employees pay a small fee for this service, which is healthier than payday loans.
Rain's mission is to regrow financial freedom by giving people full control over their income and to put an end to predatory financial products, replacing them with on-demand pay.
Find out more at https://rain.us, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Job Type: Full-time