- A very positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team.
- Must be open to learning or developing in an AWS environment (with various micro services for deployment and scalability.
- Must be open to learning or developing using nginx, mongoDb and Django (i.e mezzanine, swampdragon, Django dip, smarter, webix)
- Must be open to learning or developing using python and various python libraries
- Database experience (preferably not relational, but experience is experience!)
- Knowledge of jQuery, CSS, HTML
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git (bitbucket, gitlab, GitHub)
- Production level React experience
- Experience with cloud-native development and architectures, and managing and scaling applications on a modern cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of mobile platforms similar to React Native and SDKs like Braintree, S3 buckets, node dependencies
- Big Data Experience
- Made contributions to GitHub libraries
- Strong sense of humour and passion about development!
- Great team and company culture
- Opportunity to work remotely Work with and learn from our CTO, who was recently awarded Top 30 Under 30 Developer in Canada
- Incentivized rewards based on performance
- Company events
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bonus pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (preferred)
- React: 1 year (preferred)
- MongoDB: 1 year (preferred)
- Django: 1 year (preferred)
- jQuery: 1 year (preferred)
Etobicoke - Canada
Python Job Details
LeapGrad is a student professional networking app uniquely designed to transform the job market industry. The purpose of LeapGrad is to disrupt the job market industry by introducing the first-ever two-sided platform targeted to both students/grads and employers. LeapGrad implements a wide range of unique and compelling features that enhance the job seeking and networking process for students alongside the hiring process for employers.
LeapGrad is looking for a player to join our software development team as we look to continue providing cutting-edge tools and support to our development team. You will play a key role in resolving various front end bugs including cross compatibility amongst various browsers and operating systems. You would also be working with our existing web application and web codebases, developing new features and solutions, implementing an agile delivery (DevOps) pipeline, and delivering high-quality, testable code that delivers significant value.
Nice to have
What is in it for you?
LeapGrad is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: LeapGrad is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LeapGrad are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, […], family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. LeapGrad will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. LeapGrad encourages applicants from all walks of life to apply.”
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $24.00-$29.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Etobicoke, ON