- Our technological stack and infrastructure is modern, based on Azure with Kubernetes, using mostly Java, Python, and Bash scripting.
- We use data frameworks such as Azure Database for MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Some other tools we use are Git, Docker, Vault and Consul.
- Extra points for experience using managed Azure or AWS services, real-life expertise with HA and scaling APIs and proven security practices.
- Design and development of a suite of Spring Boot microservices hosted in Azure and AWS
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Design, implement and test features, improvements, and optimizations for our cloud hosted SaaS
- Work on pipelines involving containers and deployment to containerized platforms
- Experience agile software development techniques and test automation processes
- Document and communicate research and results
- Thoughtfully give, and gracefully receive, rigorous code reviews
- 2+ years commercial development experience with Java
- Commercial development experience with cloud or data centre hosted Spring Boot applications
- Experience of web development technologies using modern Web frameworks especially ReactJS
- Experience of Agile Development Processes, TDD/BDD and test automation
- Solid skills developing automated unit and acceptance tests.
- Proficient with source control systems (git) and good familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with the Linux command-line environment and shell scripts
- Knowledge and expertise in Jenkins, Azure DevOps or equivalent CI/CD tools
- Experience building and using Docker containers for a Kubernetes environment
- Solid hands-on experience developing and supporting Cloud Services in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience in public cloud PaaS and IaaS tools and environments, particularly with Azure.
- An interest in and understanding of network security
Innsbruck - Austria
Python Job Details
Job ID: (23-444(2))
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda's CloudGen Network Security products combine SD-WAN and advanced firewall technology in a single solution that provides superior security, ensures application performance and uninterrupted cloud connectivity to thousands of international companies.
The Cloud Services Team is looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer to join our team in Barracuda's Network Security division. You'll be part of the team building the next generation of our SaaS-based solution. The new solution is the platform for combining our network, application, data security and Zero Trust Access products into an easy-to-use SaaS service protecting our customers on their digital transformation to the public cloud. This is an excellent opportunity for a Java Developer to work on the cutting-edge SaaS-platform that forms the control pane of our Firewall and SD-WAN and more products. Our tech stack Java / Spring Boot based.
You will be working in a small, international, young, agile team environment in Europe and adhere to an iterative development process through planning, coding, testing, and deployment.
What you’ll be working on
What you bring to the role:
Desired additional skills and experience, any of the following:
What you'll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience, and qualification. Based on the CBA level, the minimum gross salary for this position is EUR 36.890.00