- At least 1-2 years of experience in Global Macro related Analysis, trading and execution in a bank, hedgefund or related business.
- Expertise in Global derivative markets (commodities, fx, bonds, equities) and their drivers
- Strong analytical mindset in order to identify new trading opportunities across assets
- Advanced Quantative analysis and programming skills (Visual Basic, SQL, advanced Python skills are a must)
- Highly motivated individual with a strong attention to detail and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Fluency in English
- Trade execution and implementation of trading strategies
- Reconciliation of trades and P&L on a daily basis together with senior traders
- Help with management of company wide fx positions
- Provide data-driven market analysis and trading ideas to traders on the desk
- Conduct market analysis on asset correlations and momentum indicators.
- Carry out ad hoc research projects and modelling on economic forecasts and indicators.
- Build and maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Liase with middle office on integration and implementation of IT front office systems
- Strong communication (written, oral) skills to formulate complex concepts into actionable trading decisions
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with all stakeholders as well provide results under time pressure
- Strong intrinsic interest in financial markets, geopolitical developments and a sound understanding of economic cycles
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility
- Dilligent and motivated individual who is able to work under pressure in a fast paced commercial environment
- External stakeholders
- Reporting to Head of Macro desk
Geneva - Switzerland
Python Job Details
Main Purpose:Support senior members of the Macro desk in daily tasks, trade execution and quantative analysis.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. At the heart of global supply, Trafigura connects the world with the vital resources it needs. Through our Oil & Petroleum Products, Metals and Minerals, and Power and Renewables divisions, we deploy infrastructure, skills and a global network to move commodities from where they are plentiful to where they are needed most, forming strong relationships that make supply chains more efficient, secure and sustainable.
Trafigura also owns and operates a number of industrial assets including a majority share of global multi-metals producer Nyrstar and fuel storage and distribution company Puma Energy; and joint ventures Impala Terminals, a port and logistics provider, and Nala Renewables, a power and renewable energy investment and development platform. With over 1,000 shareholders, Trafigura is owned by its employees and employs over 13,000 people working in 48 countries.