- The BIM/VDC Software Engineer will be centrally responsible for a broad Tesla team’s ease of use of world class construction engineering software. Key to this are automation and operability tools for Revit and Autodesk applications, and surfacing data from BIM models to other teams via dashboards and other web based applications.
- Work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to rapidly analyze and reduce large requirements into small, simple, workable deliverables.
- Responsible for improving effective work of both design and construction engineering team, layout team and various tool-line owners working on a given project as well as coordinating the efforts of the teams using a model for planning and conceptual work.
- Automate repetitive and procedural tasks to improve project efficiency.
- Support the use of software personally created or generally used by the EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) team. Software includes Revit, Dynamo, Python, Autocad, Civil 3D, Catia, Solidworks – knowledge of some or all of these tools (and their APIs) would be beneficial.
- Assist in software project management of many other efforts throughout the EPC team. Some examples include design requirements forms and databases, material and equipment databases, controls automation tools, and task tracking tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineer or Civil, Architectural, or Mechanical Engineering and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with Revit and Autodesk software engineering improvements.
- Proficiency in many other construction engineering software.
- Experience interfacing with construction and cost control teams on quantity takeoffs, progress tracking and sequencing activities.
- Fluent in English, German also desirable.
Grünheide (Mark) - Germany
Python Job Details
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg marks a defining moment in Europe for Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Here we will launch revolutionary products on a massive scale, using extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency. Our employees will ensure that we achieve our goals, and we welcome you to help us write the next chapter of our success story.
The Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg Engineering and Design Team is looking to hire an experienced BIM/VDC Software Engineer. This person will be directly responsible for software tools and related construction innovation for our Engineering Team in Berlin and supporting around the world. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large, complex projects, and will have the ability to multi-task and collaborate with several technical disciplines.
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonuses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurance, free EV charging stations and public commuting support.