- We're looking for someone to complete our team. We are in the process of transforming, and we’re looking for someone to learn and grow with us! Your responsibilities would include:
- Design scalable and maintainable web applications and enhance existing ones. Work with Architect and team to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs. Contribute to application and technical architecture plans as they relate to the tools and systems in place within our organization.
- Guide and support in the process of choosing systems and software solutions. Identify and support or lead initiatives within Business Unit to develop and improve standards, and methodologies. Champion and participate in developing and advancing standards related to newer and emerging technologies Manage our inventory of technical solutions to map new business needs to a divisionally consistent, reusable platform Ensure alignment to quality standards.
- Mentor Junior members of the team We are bringing in new technology – you get to learn it
- We're looking for a passionate, motivated individual to join our team's exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate. You are an ideal candidate if
- You have worked in IT for at least 5 years with 3 or more years in a similar position.
- 3+ years of Python development experience.
- 3+ years of SQL and relational databases experience.
- 2+ years experience with Data Modeling.
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university. You have extensive hands-on experience in Automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture using in house tools.
- Create and maintain data storage solutions using in house tools.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using in house technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights.
- You are experienced working with relational databases (Oracle 12c, SQL Server) and NoSQL You are experienced with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, git, CI/CD methodologies.
- You have prior experience collaborating across a large Business Unit or Department to find opportunities by utilizing technology to satisfy business needs You have demonstrated ability to translate technical solutions into non-technical details. You have cloud based development experience with Cloud Foundry or similar platform. You have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), presentation, facilitation and influencing skills. Financial/Retirement industry experience is a plus.
- You love learning, can easily adapt to different toolsets and champion change. You are fun to be around and we can count on you.
- Experience with any or all of the tools/technology we use is a huge plus, but don't let one of those list items deter you! If you're excited by the notion of joining a team that is going places and, make a name for itself, and have fun doing it, we want to hear from you!
- Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation Retirement Savings Accounts including an RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax-Free Savings account) Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses. Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education. Monthly Innovation Days (Hackathons) Wearing jeans to work every day An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance.
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work-from-home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements.
Toronto - Canada
Python Job Details
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Are you a technology innovator who likes to test and learn? Do you constantly think about how to make your code better and delivery an easier experience for your Customer? Do you like a fast-paced agile environment where you wear different hats and have a new and exciting challenge every day? That’s what our environment is like and we are growing again! Having an amazing Team is what makes our software great, because great People develop great solutions. If you answered yes to all of the questions above, then we should talk.
What Work Would I be Doing?
Am I Right for the Job?
Why is this job Important?
Our team deals with companies and their employees to help reach their financial goals and help build and manage their wealth. We are leaders in the small to Mid-market segment providing retirement and wealth management solutions. We make this a reality by providing our customers with record-keeping solutions and customized experiences, allowing companies to offer what THEIR employees want.
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, all the tools and technologies mentioned above (including DevOps!) and thanks to a supportive company with a culture of continuous learning and improvement, whatever else you want! Tell us what you want to learn, and we'll help you get there.
What about Perks?
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .