- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, or MPLS).
- Experience in network protocol function and troubleshooting (e.g., BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, or STP).
- Experience in network operations and systematic troubleshooting.
Experience with rack and stack, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of routers and other network equipment.
- Ability to code in Python or a similar programming language.
- Provide operational support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) customers and peers.
- Help customers resolve issues with network services, and assist with troubleshooting issues with connectivity and performance.
- Test customer configurations in a lab environment and write workflow automation to improve the customer experience.
- Lead improvements in documentation, playbooks, and training for support organizations.
- Participate in on-call rotation for escalated issues.
Dublin - Ireland
Python Job Details
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.