- Develop Web/Mobile/API Applications using a range of technologies for the purposes of visualising and communicating information, analytics, and insights to stakeholders.
- Build wrappers around 3rd party products to deliver a cohesive product-based experience regardless of the backend technologies and provide on-going 3rd level support of developed applications to reduce the impact of production defects and related incidents.
- Assume technical responsibility for all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with application development standards and achievement of documented requirements.
- Utilise technical expertise in the requirements analysis phase to ensure the solution is both fit for purpose and fit for use.
- Design automated testing and work with CI / CD processes testing to improve the quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application or front-end.
- Provide on-going 3rd level support of developed applications to reduce the impact of production defects and related incidents.
- Strong AWS cloud knowledge and experience deploying serverless and containerised applications.
- Experience developing for a range of mobile devices, tablets and desktops with responsive front-end designs.
- Proficiency with server side and scripting languages such as Python, C# & Java.
- Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL, NoSQL and Oracle.
- Proven experience in user interface and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Ability to influence and quickly build relationships.
- appropriate evidence of being fully vaccinated with a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine; or
- an approved medical contraindication.
Sydney - Australia
Python Job Details
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities, and leading an uplift in data literacy of use of data insights across the cluster.
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Developer in Data Engineering & Architecture team. The work involves working with mobile, web and integration frameworks to deliver great analytics themed products. The role is also responsible for the implementation of various data APIs onto our data platform.
The role requires strong business stakeholder management ability to ensure stability of the AAI team through its growth. The role is permanent full time based at Macquarie Park with flexible work options available.
What you will be involved in but not limited to:
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Transport Grade 8 ($120,423 - $134,872) plus 10% superannuation and annual leave loading.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please answer all questions within the online application process and submit a resume.
Applications Close: 11:59PM, Sunday 21st August 2022
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and are proud to be recognised as a FlexReady Certified employer for our flexible work policies, offerings and practices. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Jagadeesh Sethuraman at [email protected]
Learn more about how Transport supports people with disability and those providing care via https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers/people-disability
We’re certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace
Our flexible work practices and policies for parental leave, employee and family wellbeing and family care enable us to provide genuine support for our people to thrive at work and at home.
Working with Transport gives you access to a range of benefits that help you balance work with the things that matter to you. Look through our Employee Benefits Guide to learn more.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Take a look at our application tips video series for plenty of great information on navigating and acing the application and recruitment process here at Transport.
Our COVIDSafe Measures Policy
All Transport for NSW workers are required to have:
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.
Job Segment: Developer, Front End, Testing, Web Design, Cloud, Technology, Creative