- You'll support in making key hires, challenge, and retain a diverse and highly effective technical team.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with business, product, and investment team members to drive the roadmap and prioritization process.
- You'll work with the founders to identify the critical path to deliver an MVP and build the team and then will deliver that MVP while also planning for further strategic deliverables as your system matures.
- You’ll cultivate an environment of technical excellence, open communication, constant change, and determination.
- Within a year, you will have the opportunity to become a CTO and play an essential role in the company.
- You have worked at a fast-growing start-up or a scale-up in the Financial Services industry and understand the intricacies of the industry (e.g. regulation, security, data protection, etc.)
- You have managed data engineering teams with a record for shipping high-quality data products to end-users
- You have worked in small teams with a direct relationship to C-level, product or go-to-market team members
- You are known for being a flexible, pragmatic, and curious expert who embraces cross-functional work
- You are based in the EU
- You have hands-on experience shipping scalable data solutions in the cloud on Azure (Active directory, APIs, PowerBI) with multiple data feeds
- You can normalize data from a variety of sources into a structure that other colleagues can use
- You are familiar with languages such as Python, Go or Rust and can use them to build ETL processes and to consume and provide APIs
- You have previously worked in an environment where you regularly deliver reports to the leadership and other teams on KPIs, strategic developments and further key requirements
- You effectively communicate business needs and technical details to a diverse audience of technical, investment, and business professionals
- You proactively collect and prioritize needs and deliver solutions that smoothly evolve as requirements change
- Lead by example, get your hands dirty and the job done within an amazing team.
- We will offer you an attractive compensation package of cash and equity with additional upside potential.
- Within a year, you will have the opportunity to become a CTO with a respective stake in the company.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
We are a stealth-mode company on a mission to provide high-net-worth (HNW) families and individuals with investment solutions, operational support, and education that helps them accumulate and preserve wealth in the New Economy. After family and health, wealth is the third most important area in the life of a person. Yet existing solutions provide an emotionless experience with meaningless tables and charts and a backwards-looking view. We want to provide our clients with an opportunity to engage with their wealth on a deeper that unveils a feeling of security, confidence, and resilience.
We have been experimenting on this since 2020, and have brought along numerous customers - wealthy families and entrepreneurs - on this journey with us. While we are in the very beginning, we are passionate and excited about building a company that will set a new standard for the outdated private banking industry.
About the Role
After spending countless hours with our customers and existing players in the industry, we have gained a strong understanding of the product and are ready to kick off the development.
We are building a wealth management platform targeting HNW families and individuals with a hybrid advisory, bankless infrastructure, and focus on new and alternative asset classes. We act as an independent partner to our clients who augments their existing portfolios of bankable assets with a managed portfolio of alternative strategies (e.g. Venture Capital, Crypto, Hedge Funds, etc.) and provides a technology overlay for a holistic and forward-looking management of their aggregated wealth.
There is a unique opportunity for you to build a new product with a clear vision and no legacy. You will own the entire technical solution. Taking business requirements from the founders and the key departments within the organization, you will be responsible for identifying technical solutions to enable the business to perform and then for delivering them. This is a hands-on role on a completely green-field project. You will have the opportunity to build a solution and a team from scratch.
Your team will develop the entire ecosystem from building a data pipeline to bringing data from a variety of sources into the data lake that you have designed, and processing through the ETL pipeline that you have created to make normalized data available to the investment management and other teams within our business. Additionally, your team will build out an App solution and the APIs that the App will consume to provide near-real-time investment and financial data to a wide range of partners.
What You'll Achieve
Your Compensation Package
Is your company currently funded / financially bootstrapped or is it in a process of acquiring funding (and at which stage: pre-seed, seed, other)?
We are currently financing the operations from customer revenues on top of the investment from the founders. We have not been externally funded yet, but are planning to raise a Seed round shortly.
What is the (rough) timeline expectation from the founders with regards to having the MVP ready?
We are planning to have the MVP ready in 3 months to deliver immediate business value. This includes architecting and provisioning infrastructure, building core platform functionality, APIs to third parties, database design, BI tool configuration and Mobile App.
What is the work ratio that you envision for this role in % hands-on dev / % management activities like hiring, etc?
This is initially (until 6 months to year 1) more of a hands-on role, with the building being the greater part than leading and recruiting. Most lean startups follow the same pattern of the CTO still coding until easily year 3 and this position is very much in that model. There is a heavy emphasis on understanding the requirements from the investment management team, roadmap and cost planning with the C-level and then recruitment/leadership of the app/web developers. Our estimate is 70% hands-on and 30% leadership for year 1, moving to a greater emphasis on strategic planning, leadership, and innovation after that.