- 5+ years of professional experience & expertise in Python.
- Go, Java and C++ are nice to have (not required).
- Experience with some combination of Python libraries like Numpy, Pandas, PyTorch, PyArrow, Tensorflow
- Experience building Python-based products (OOP)
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- Trading or finance industry experience is preferred (not required).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passion for mentoring engineers and building software as part of a team
- They collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop innovative technology
- They like to develop impactful features fast so they can share directly with the end-users and iterate quickly
- They're focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous learning
- People are everything and their support for each other is abundant
- Through open-source technology, they continue to evolve their tech stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the community
- Whether you're new to the tech stack or an expert, our client encourages each team member to experiment with new technologies and take ownership of projects.
- This team loves to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
Chicago, IL - United States of America
Python Job Details
Collinwood is assisting our client, a leading investment firm, in their efforts to hire an experienced Senior Python Engineer. Ideal locations for this person/role are in the Chicago HQ, Austin, or NYC (relocation can be provided).
Our client was among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in the trading business. Today, they continue to leverage technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports.
As a Software Engineer, depending on which internal team you land on you'll get a chance to partner with various product teams, traders, quantitative researchers, and other business stakeholders to build out new products and improving existing technologies that will make an impact to our client's proprietary trading organization, taking on as much ownership as you are ready for while working in a highly collaborative lean agile environment.
The current technology stack that you'll get your hands on includes, but is not limited to: Java, Go, Python, C++, React, (some teams use these languages more heavily than others) relational and non-relational databases like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and Redis. Some teams use pub/sub messaging technologies like Kafka, Airflow, and Arrow in an AWS hybrid environment, and they are always exploring new emerging open source technologies to ensure they continue to stay ahead of the market.
Software Engineers regularly participate in and contribute to regular architecture cadences, drive discussions and decisions on coding standards and practices, mentor other engineers and help reinforce and improve our client's collaborative, innovative engineering culture.
What we need from you:
Would you like our client?