- Collaborate with the R&D team to build a distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring
- Leading a team of data scientists from a technical perspective.
- Solving the fraud problem for clients of the largest companies in the industry: HSBC, United, Monzo, AirBNB and many others.
- Build scalable machine learning models, algorithms, and analytics on large financial datasets to detect suspicious activity.
- Feel comfortable presenting to senior audiences and articulating cost/benefit tradeoffs.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Research new techniques, algorithms, and best practices within the industry.
- Explore, evaluate, and integrate new data pipelines.
- Participate in client interactions.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related field.
- Proven and relevant industry experience
- Business driven and result-oriented individual.
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics, Probability, and Machine learning.
- Supervised and unsupervised statistical techniques such as regression, time series analysis, clustering, dimensionality reduction.
- Machine learning algorithms and concepts such as Random Forest, Boosting, SVMs, neural networks.
- Exposure to NLP models and techniques such as sentiment analysis, word embeddings, Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA) is a plus.
- Fluent in Python, including data science tools such as scikit-learn, PyTorch or TensorFlow, pandas.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- Passionate about writing reusable quality code.
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Experience working with data on Neo4j, HDFS, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Built backend systems using Java and Python.
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk management.
- Experience applying graph theory, analysis, and visualization techniques.
- Experience with trading systems and banking environments.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
We are looking for a seasoned Data Scientist who has real world machine learning experience. You have experience owning end to end machine learning models, from requirements and ideation to model development, deployment, and monitoring. Experience in creating models for Credit Risk or Fraud is a huge plus. You feel equally comfortable performing data mining and machine learning tasks on your laptop as you are in large compute environments. You take pride in owning and maintaining the technical work environment. You enjoy telling the data story and are capable of communicating deep analytical insights to less experienced members of the R&D team and our customers. Lastly, you have been looking for an opportunity where you can use your passion and skills for a greater good against financial crime.
Skills and Experience
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions:
Company: Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.Equal Opportunities: Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.