- Research state-of-the art concepts and algorithms in the area of computer vision for augmented reality
- Rapid prototyping of computer vision algorithms and approaches
- Optimizations of algorithms for the next generation of wearable devices
- Contributing to research projects in cooperation with international external research institutes.
- Working on the next generation computer vision algorithms for XR
- BSc in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience with programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Completed courses about geometric computer vision, image processing or machine learning and good understanding of common algorithms
- MSc, PhD and/or proven experience in the field of computer vision for XR
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch,…)
- Knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Real-time positional tracking (sensor fusion, visual odometry, Non-Linear Optimizations)
- 3D reconstruction (Structure from Motion, Photogrammetry)
- Real-time tracking of 3D objects
- Previous experience with development for mobile platforms (Android, iOS) or head-worn devices (HoloLens, Magic Leap) in VR or AR projects are a plus
- Experience of deep learning model pruning, compression, and quantization for executing on edge device without performance decreasing
- References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Python Job Details
Qualcomm’s XR team is seeking a Computer Vision Engineer to join a talented and innovative team developing the next generation of augmented and virtual reality (XR) technologies.
The Computer Vision Engineer will contribute to our in-house computer vision library developed for various XR applications. Areas of interest reach from real-time tracking of devices and objects to 3D reconstruction and scene understanding. You will research state-of-the-art concepts and together with your colleagues work on novel approaches in the field of augmented and virtual reality. Organized according to the best agile methodology, our team is working on essential areas of augmented reality for mobile and wearable platforms.
Responsibilities We’ll Trust You With