Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Responsible for developing batch ingestion and data transformation routines using ETL tools or other ingestion techniques
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle, including strategy, road-mapping, architecture and implementation to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
Migration and transformation of large complex data sets from legacy systems like Teradata to cloud platform using Azure tools and other ETL tools like DataStage (ideally 5+ Years)
- Data and Reporting Platform development on environments using technologies such as Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, Teradata, PowerBI or Cognos
- A strong background in coding with possible experience with Python, SAS, SQL or R
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory or Talend) OR open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Brisbane - Australia
Python Job Details
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are seeking Data Engineers at Consultant, Senior Consultant and Manager level to join our EY Data and Analytics team in our Brisbane office. This role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations.
We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
As a Data Engineer, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
To qualify for the role, you must have :
Ideally, you’ll also have
What we offer
A tech career @ EY means working with 40,000 fellow technologists who are creating cutting edge applications in blockchain, AI, cloud, analytics, robotics and cyber, harnessing tech to power the human enterprise and build a more equitable, sustainable world. We offer world class training and a free Tech MBA to all our people.
Globally at EY, we are committed to offer:
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via [email protected] or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $73,000 including 10% superannuation.