- Responsible for customer contact and project ownership around your development works
- Support senior developers and software architects on ground-breaking projects and cutting-edge development activities
- Responsible for 2nd line support activities (categorising, prioritising and solving tickets) as described in our Product and Service Catalogue in line with ISO 21001
- Working closely with internal customers to scope incoming project requests
- Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Envisioning solutions to a range of complex IT problems with nearly any technology or scenario
- Appropriate professional organisation and time-management skills
- Experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Optional experience in:
- Android SDK and B4A
- Have experience in – or at least awareness of – the following platforms:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Microsoft PowerBI
- MS Visual Studio
- MS SQL Management Studio
- Be able to effectively work in a team, but also be able to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work in an Agile SRUM environment.
- Be able to debug and fix your programs
- We pay our interns well: if you contribute, you should be compensated for it.
You will receive national living wage starting salary.
- We have competitively priced company housing available for placement students traveling from afar.
- You’ll be given responsibility from day one, and you’ll have to develop fast
- You’ll be an invaluable part of our team. Workload will vary and no two days will ever feel the same
- You will have full ownership of your own projects, as well as still contributing to the bottom line
- Energy, enthusiasm and fresh thinking, we’re fully open to your ideas. Working within an SME you will be expected to make an impact
- Work in a challenging international environment
- Clear progression and personal development plan with regular reviews & feedback
- Enrolment onto the OST Leadership Academy with personal mentoring and the creation of a personal development plan, after completing a three-month probation
- Continuous development and training opportunities from seminars, conferences, 1-2-1s with Directors, and networking events to recognised professional qualifications. We have the awards to back this up - Princess Royal Training Awards, Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Assured.
- 28 days holiday entitlement - plus bank holidays. This equates to 36 days holiday per year (7 weeks and 1 day)!
Maidenhead, England - United Kingdom
Python Job Details
Hi ! I am Terence and I am the Chief Operating officer at ORCA Service Technologies. I look after the operations team at ORCA and believe it or not, I first joined the firm as an intern back in 2016. We are looking for software development placement students to join our expanding product development team.
Are you on your way to achieving a degree in: computer science, software development, data science, web development or web design? Are you looking to kickstart your professional career in IT? Are you looking for a placement where you’re not just making coffee for your manager, but do you want to make a real difference? Are you not shy of a challenge? Then we might be looking for you!
We are ORCA Service Technologies and we create killer software applications. ORCA Service Technologies is a small software development firm located in Maidenhead, UK. Our mission is to deliver simple to use, high quality, affordable IT solutions for Facility Service organisations.
Our team started by developing bespoke software for a Facility Service organisation focussed on commercial kitchen maintenance. We created custom android and windows apps for them. We now deliver cloud-based software internationally for a growing customer base.
We are looking for a placement student to join our software product development team: someone who is an aspiring programmer with good people skills looking to make a difference to the world through their software.
We achieve excellence by applying Agile SCRUM development principles, using microservice architecture with a CI/CD and TDD deployment strategy. This has allowed us to create a collaborative and supportive work environment, perfect for a starting young professional who is interested in learning about cutting edge technologies. Your software products will not only be used in the UK but will also be deployed to our businesses in Dubai and Europe, meaning that you’ll contribute to our business on a global level.
The business is looking to recruit three interns for our 12-14 month placement scheme.
Please note that interest is very high, so it is important that you register your interest at your earliest convenience. We utilise a multi-stage selection process which includes multiple interviews and programming challenges.
Why join us?
Get in touch
Call us on 01628 501481 or email [email protected]serv.com