- Provide reservoir engineering support to the team with aspects such as RTA modeling, surveillance planning and well performance monitoring to optimize development
- Support data science initiatives by helping to optimize workflows, conduct basic coding for use in engineering workflows, and supporting the asset on tangible data science projects
- Provide technical input into field development plans
- Prepare proposals and business cases for projects to enhance the development of management areas within the NMJV. Develop project scope and objectives, manage deliverables, timelines, resources and related budgets. Resolve issues and prepare and present progress reports
- Provide support to the evaluations engineering team in booking corporate reserves and working with third-party evaluator to ensure completion of comprehensive assessments and interpretations
- Monitor on-going competitor activity within the unconventional sector and Utilize competitor information to enhance and optimize internal well design, and improve capital efficiency
- Develop relationships with professional associations and unconventional industry peers to keep current on best practices and trends impacting development
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, with 10+ years of experience in a subsurface engineering role focused on Unconventional Resource Development
- Strong working experience in Unconventional reservoirs with a focus on Shale Gas & oil (or Low perm tight reservoirs) is required
- Programming experience in VBA, Python, R or MATLAB is a significant asset
- Must be proficient with economic analysis and full field development scenario creation Strong working knowledge of ValNav or equivalent is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience in Production decline analysis, Pressure Transient Analysis and Rate Transient analysis in unconventional reservoirs is a significant asset
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in GeoScout, Harmony, WellView, Windows and MS Office
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment within cross functional teams and effectively engage others in support of projects and initiatives
- Flexible arrangement options including working from home and a compressed work week with Friday afternoons off (office-based roles)
- Dress for your day - a casual yet professional environment
- Ability to contribute to a dynamic organization with large growth ambitions
- Competitive compensation and bonus programs
- Top tier benefit package, including a generous Health Spending Account and Savings Plan
- Making a positive difference in our communities through volunteerism, community support and providing opportunities to those in the areas where we operate
- Annual employee-directed charity donation program
- Support for training and professional development
Calgary - Canada
Python Job Details
We are PETRONAS Canada, one of the largest natural gas resource owners in Canada. As part of PETRONAS, a Fortune 500® company, we produce and deliver energy solutions in a responsible and sustainable manner. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, partnerships with First Nations and our respect for the environment.
People are fundamental to our success. We foster a culture that depends on trust, honesty and empowerment. Because of this, our people are able to collaborate, innovate, find opportunities and make them happen.
With our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for new team members who are up to the challenge of making PETRONAS Canada a global leader of unconventional energy, all while making an impact in the industry and communities in which we work.
PETRONAS Canada currently has an opportunity for a Reservoir (Petroleum) Engineer to join our team in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Petroleum Engineering, the successful candidate will work with the local Canadian asset teams to provide technical support for current producing Unconventional assets as well as provide technical evaluation and recommendations to optimize current assets: such parent child impact/mitigation, well spacing evaluation, D&C design optimization opportunities, reservoir monitoring and surveillance evaluations.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
WHAT YOU BRING:
Job postings are typically only open for applications for two weeks so please submit your resume today.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
PETRONAS Canada would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time