- Workwise GmbH
- Karlsruhe - Germany
- Job type
Data Science is a strategic priority topic for us.
Solving real business challenges using data will be your focus.
Enabling colleagues to make data driven decisions or fully automate decision-making is your responsibility.
Data science for us: reshaping the way we do business from the ground.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Exceptional candidates can work fully remotely or from one of our 8 locations across Europe.
- You develop and maintain scalable data pipelines
- You develop new API integrations to support the continued growth in data volume and complexity
- You work with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and our business teams to improve data models that support visualizations and data-driven decision-making, and increase data volume across the enterprise
- You implement data quality monitoring processes and systems to ensure production data is always accurate and available to key stakeholders and ML/AI services that depend on it
- You write unit/integration tests, contribute to the engineering wiki, and document the work
- You perform data analysis to troubleshoot data-related issues and help solve data problems
- You work closely with a team of front-end and back-end engineers, product managers, and analysts
- You define the company's data assets (data models)
- You design data integrations and data quality frameworks
- You evaluate and design open-source and vendor tools for data reconciliation
- You work closely with all business units, studios, and technical teams to develop a strategy for long-term data platform architecture
- You have a very strong BS or MS degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, data science, or a similar technical field
- You have previous experience in a similar role
- You have 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
- You have 4+ years of SQL experience
- You can demonstrate experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: e.g. Airflow
- You bring experience with AWS cloud services: e.g. EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- You have 4+ years of database design experience
- You have the ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans to internal teams
- You are experienced in designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- You have experience working with a Map Reduce or an MPP system of any size/scale
- You have a structured mindset with strong communication skills and a service mentality
- You have knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- You excel with problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
What we offer
- Deep, direct business impact for Data Science / Engineering / Analyst / Product roles
- A modern cloud-based tech stack
- Impact on the business through an R&D environment focused on developing innovative optimization techniques
- Full control over supply and demand, with over 30 million data points per day
- Skilled integration of remote colleagues
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- A friendly atmosphere based on mutual respect and a pragmatic attitude to problem-solving
Our job offer Senior Data Engineer Remote (m/f/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via Workwise.
With our partner Workwise, you can apply for this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your application live.